|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Beaver and Steve is a dada webcomic by James Turner. It revolves around the unfeasible adventures of an Odd Couple consisting of a quiet, polite beaver and a psychotic
lizard dinosaur reptile thingie with a knack for Mad Science. A must read for everybody who wants to verify how much Surreal Humor his/her forebrain can take before trying to run to safety.
Currently on an indefinite hiatus since Turner is working on other projects, it amounts to 346 strips.
This comic provides examples of:
- Arch Enemy: The Shoe Goblin, as far as the comic's flimsy continuity can allow it.
- Brick Jokes: a lot of them. Used nearly all the time.
- Emotion Chip: Parodied with Emotibot, the robot programmed to feel emotions. And make toast.
- Fantastic Voyage: A novel approach.
- Fully-Absorbed Finale: Possibly a joke. We certainly hope it is. Either way, it's clearly a parody of the trope, what with creating a new comic, for the sole purpose of ending an old one.
- Heterosexual Life Partners
- Let's Meet the Meat: only in this case it's a vegetable.
- No Fourth Wall: The author, on the 100th strip for example.
- Order Versus Chaos: Beaver and Steve, respectively.
- Pandaing to the Audience: Averted. Pandas are not very nice in this comic. Steve in particular bears a grudge against them.
- Robo Speak: Emotibot, of course.
Emotibot: Informal non-gender specific greetings!