|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In The Video, Wynne Was Kathryn Howard's Ghost. Dressed In A Tudor Gown Of Shimmering Blue~White, Glittering And Pale Like Andersen's "Snow Queen". She Wore Dark Blue Lipstick. Her Skin, Translucent And Glowing, Was Dusted With An Icy Blue *Diamond* Body Glitter And She Stood, Alone, To One Side Of An Ornate Ballroom As Her Six Sisters, All In Vivid, Jewel Toned Tudor Gowns To Offset Wynne's Ghostly Whiteness, Danced La Volta With Six Absolutely Delicious Faerie Boys, Three Blonde And Seelie, Three Raven~Haired And Unseelie, But All Brought Into The Mortal Realm Just To Shoot This Video. The Boys Were Dressed In Velvet Tudor Finery, All Matching The Gown Of Whichever Sister They Were Partnering And It Was A Glorious Image.
The plot revolves around the 7 members of the titular band, all of whom are half fairy/half river god/half sisters, and their adventures as they attempt to weaken the barrier separating the human "Waking World" and the supernatural realms of the Faerie and their lives as famous musicians/actresses/models. Unfortunately, since the story didn't have a chance to get going, the story as it is written focuses on the girls' trip to a Renaissance-themed restaurant after a concert and Wynne recalling her numerous (and often tragic) past lives.
This story provides examples of:
- Awesome McCoolname -- A bit justified since the main characters are fairies. (Wynne is pronounced "Win" and the "gh" is silent in Oonagh, and "beansidhe" is the Gaelic way of spelling "banshee".)
- The Beautiful Elite -- If the above quote and the fact that the main characters are fairies and celebrities didn't tip you off to this, the numerous physical and clothing descriptions (especially for Wynne) should have.
- Costume Porn
- Dark and Troubled Past -- Wynne has had several, including one where she died on the sinking of the Titanic.
- Deadly Decadent Court -- Wynne has been a member of several of these.
- The Fair Folk -- Despite the fact that their mission is to bring humans and fairies together, the sisters have no problem acting like complete jerks to everyone else, including their fans.
- Fake Band
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry -- Wynne and Oonagh (Judging from Wynne's track record with men and Oonagh's predicament as a Corrigan, this probably would have gone into Cain and Abel territory if the story was finished.)
- Gorgeous Period Dress -- One of the reasons why there are so many clothing descriptions.
- Kaleidoscope Eyes -- Wynne (Her sisters, on the other hand, all have mundane, though albeit colorfully described, eye colors.)
- My Nayme Is -- Wynne was Catherine Howard in one of her past lives. However, she insists that it's actually spelled "Kathryn".
- Orphaned Series
- Psmith Psyndrome -- See My Nayme Is above; Wynne apparently communicates the spelling by speech alone, and Psmith is mentioned in the sporking linked below.
- Purple Prose
- Reincarnation Romance -- Wynne and Tamlin
- Self-Insert Fic -- Wynne being the (very blatant) stand-in for the author.
- Urban Fantasy
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma -- The Entire Story Is Written Like *This*. Asterisks Are Used To Emphasize Things And Tildes Are Used In Place Of Hyphens.
- Cannot be emphasized enough: she thinks the tilde is the super-cute version of the hyphen.
- Which is why, (for the sake of readers' sanity), a cleaned-up edit was made, with snarky commentary as a bonus.
- You're Just Jealous -- People who hated this story have been accused of being "jealous mundanes" by the author.