The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Awesome Music: That theme song.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Why do you think the complete series got a release in Germany and not the U.S.? It was also extremely popular in the United Kingdom as well. In fact, when NBC canceled the program due to low ratings, London Weekend Television, a British channel, stepped in to help save it. At that time, the show had aided ITV, a British network which LWT was affiliated with, to regain the ratings war from the BBC in its time slot.
- Funny Moment: Admittedly this show has a pretty lame sense of humor, but a running gag in "Red Wind" is pretty amusing: Geraldo Rivera's character calling Mitch "Mr. Ripple Pecs". Besides the line itself, part of what makes it funny is that it's Geraldo saying it.
- Harsher in Hindsight: "The Life You Save" features the Baywatch team facing a 25% budget cut, which would of course mean some of the lifeguards would be reduced to working part-time hours. This was in 1994. Watching the episode again today, in the midst of one of the worst financial crises ever, it's eerie how it's even MORE relevant.
- Memetic Outfit: Oh, those red lifeguard swimsuits and trunks. And that orange thing they always carry.
- Recycled Script: "The Incident" is more or less "Submersion" except with Caroline in Mitch's place, no Morton's Fork, and with Caroline undergoing a temporary lifestyle and attitude change due to her guilt of being unaware that there were five people in trouble, not four.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Its sexuality actually looks rather quaint and conservative these days.
- Unfortunate Implications:
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Joey from "Silent Night, Baywatch Night". Doesn't help that Joey is a gender neutral name.
- What an Idiot!: How Mitch didn't catch onto Gwen and Mattie being the same person (until it was too late) in "Mirror, Mirror" is beyond belief.
- Wheelchair Woobie: Jason in "Shattered".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.