|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A unique web series created by Flash animators Cary and Michael Huang, aka Jacknjellify, and inspired by Homestar Runner and Total Drama Island, Battle For Dream Island is one of the weirdest series yet.
Okay, so there's this luxurious island. And there are twenty anthropomorphic objects that all want the island for themselves. But only one will get to own it. Who is it? The pencil? The ice cube? The golf ball? The flower? The coin? Or any of the fifteen others? Well, there's only one way to settle this... and it's a reality series, where they will compete in challenges until only one remains.
But who will get voted off each episode? That is entirely up to the viewers.
Each episode comes out on a monthly basis, and with each episode crazier than the one before it, who will end up winning the big prize is anyone's guess!
- Animate Inanimate Object: All 20 of the original contestants, of course!
- Anyone Can Die: Don't worry, they'll get better.
- Artistic License - Physics/Space Does Not Work That Way: The remaining contestants function perfectly normally (although being weightless) in space.
- Berserk Button: Needle does NOT like being called "Needy".
- Confusing Multiple Negatives: At Woody's elimination.
Speaker Box: Sorry, Woody. You didn't not ain't not get no any none of nothing.
- Convection, Schmonvection: Episode 22 has the contestants escaping from an active volcano. Firey can handle the lava just fine, but as for the others, well... expect the Recovery Center to go into overdrive.
- Go Back to the Source: The Final 4's challenge.
- I Was Told There Would Be Cake
- Kick the Dog: Flower does this most of the time while still competing.
- Kill It with Fire: Poor Ice Cube...
- Larynx Dissonance
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Especially including the recommended characters.
- Nice Girl: Leafy
- Riding Into the Sunset: The final episode, when Firey and Leafy hang-glide away at the very end.
- The Cake Is a Lie: Sometimes the safe contestants don't get any cake at a Cake At Stake Ceremony. They might get something else instead.
- The Voiceless: Teardrop.
- They Killed Kenny: That happens to Bubble a lot. And to Ice Cube.
- Unexplained Recovery: Thanks to the Recovery Center.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Courtesy of Rocky.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Inverted. Flower, the first to be booted off, eventually returns to the show, with 57 more votes than Teardrop.
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?