|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu is the second video game based on The New Batman Adventures. Released in 2003. It is the anniversary of Thomas and Martha Wayne's murders and someone celebrates it by unleashing chaos in Gotham City.
Players can choose between four different hero characters to use. Batman himself is the strongest but slowest among them. Batgirl is the fastest and most agile character. But also the one with the weakest attacks. Robin is somewhat slower but stronger than Batgirl. Nightwing combines great strength and agility. The main opponents are the Scarecrow, Clayface, Bane, and Big Bad Sin Tzu. Commissioner James Gordon appears but is not playable.
- Beat'Em Up
- Taunt Button/ Practical Taunt: You can taunt moooks and mini-bosses, giving you a 'Taunt Bonus' while attacking. However the mini-bosses can also taunt the mooks, making them faster and stronger.
- Batman Cold Open: You start the game in Crime Alley, fighting random thugs and saving civilians. Later on you get to face more skilled and dangerous opponents.
- One must wonder why civilians are in Crime Alley.
- Rescue Romance: Civilians will try this on Nightwing and Batgirl, though not every time. There is no response on the their part.
- Exploding Barrels: For some reason absolutely every location has barrels of explosives, including Crime Alley. Partially justified in the case of Gotham Chemical
- Non Fatal Explosion: The only reliable way to take down a mook using explosives is to hit him with explosives straight on. Splash Damage won't do enough damage And if you're facing a mini-boss it might take down half thier health bar. Maybe.
- Cardboard Prison: Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Prison are both broken open, though in Arkham's case it's only Scarecrow, Clayface, and Bane that escape Arkham.
- Interface Screw: Appears twice
- Scarecrow's fear toxin slows you down, and turns the entre screen into a wavy mess.
- Sin Tzu's Meta-Sua energy inverts your controls.
- The All-Seeing AI: Justified with Scarecrow's minions, who are invulnerable to fear toxin. Scarecrow has removed thier capacity for fear.
- Emotion Bomb: Scarecrow uses these, releasing a Fog of Doom. You then wander around punching it trying to find him.
- Canon Dis Continuity: After a mysterious individual has broken a bunch of criminals out of Blackgate and released some from Arkham Batman says 'We're facing an enmy like none we've ever seen before." What?
- Mook Maker: Globs of clay in Gotham Chemical produce Clayface's mooks- seperate clay selves.
- Also Clayface himself is this, they are all clay of his clay.
Shapeshifter Weapon: Clayface really doesn't use his skills well. He turns his hands into hammers you can easily dodge, blades you can easily dodge, and his stomach into a wall that knocks you away from him.
- Instant Death Radius: When fighting Clayface if you haven't already stunned him, getting to close has him Shield-Bash you with a wall he makes.
- Static Stun Gun: You beat Clayface by stunning him with the two generators. Partially justified in that with a non-human system lightning's effects could be anything.
- Bullfight Boss: As is typical, Bane is this.
- Expy: Sin Tzu is effectively this for Bane, he...
- Doesn't go up against Batman at first, rather relying on other enemies to combat him first
- Releases inmates from Arkham and prison, forcing Batman to face people he aldeady had taken care of
- Is designed to combat him both mentally and physically
- Seeks to fight Batman, without care for Gotham or any other factors
- Is a capable fighter normally, but enhances his powers through special Phlebotinum
- Orphaned at a young age
- Rose to power by linking together assorted individuals with great loyalty to him
- Took a Level In Dumbass: Meta-Sua energy can only effect the weak willed. When did Bane become weak willed?