The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A list of tropes dealing with embarrassing bodily functions and how they're dealt with in fiction: whether they're ignored, invoked for plot reasons or wrung out until every cheap laugh can be squeezed out of them.
- Bathroom Stall of Overheard Insults: A character ovehears other characters insulting her from a lavatory stall.
- Bladder of Steel: Video game feats or achievements that require all but supernatural bladder control.
- Bottomless Bladder: A video game character never goes to the bathroom even though you've been in complete control of them for 72 straight hours.
- Bowel-Breaking Bricks: The onomatopoeia version of Oh Crap.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Fair warning, gents; you may soil yourself.
- Brown Note: A device or technique that causes the victim to experience Potty Failure.
- Calling Your Bathroom Breaks: A character cannot resist announcing their need to use the restroom.
- The Diaper Change: The inevitable moment in any comedy involving a baby where someone gets more than they bargained for.
- Disgusting Public Toilet: Do gas stations ever clean those toilets? I mean, am I right, ladies?
- Dung Fu: Thrown excrement used as a weapon.
- Laxative Prank: One character drugs another secretly with laxatives. In a wacky comedy, Hilarity Ensues. In a deconstructive drama, severe dehydration and criminal charges ensue.
- No Dead Body Poops: In Real Life a body's bowels will unclench after it dies. In fiction, this is usually glossed over or ignored.
- No Periods, Period: A female character's menstrual cycle doesn't impact the story, even when it probably should.
- Nobody Poops: A work flat out ignores that living creatures excrete waste in any way.
- Potty Dance: When a character (especially a young child) needs to go very badly, they will jump around a little bit.
- Potty Emergency: A character needs the toilet now, but circumstances conspire to keep them away from one.
- Potty Failure: The inevitable result of a Potty Emergency that goes unresolved for too long.
- Tinkle in the Eye: When a human baby pees on somebody.
- Toilet Humor: Disgusting bodily functions played for comedy.
- Urine Trouble: A character is urinated on by an animal, usually for comedic purposes.
- Wondrous Ladies' Room: In fiction, the ladies' room takes on a kind of mystique.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.