|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Any time the narrator snarks.
"And then the Kid fell to his death."
(Kid immediately falls back onto the play area)
"Naw, I'm just foolin'."
- "You can turn that bull any way you want. It'll still be ugly."
- "Kid just rages for a while..."
- "Know how many times The Kid nearly fell off that barge?... not even once."
- "He cuts down every Stabweed like there's going to be a prize for it."
- Upon equipping both the Mortar and the Calamity Cannon:
"Now that's just overkill. I mean really -- come on."
- Upon falling off of the Bastion:
"I've been meaning to put some guard rails there."
- There are some unused audio files in the game that are actually pretty funny. Link
This microphone smells funny.
You find that old boat? Plant it.
You find a rusty, old pocket watch? Plant it.
Find a copy of Terminator 2 on laserdisk? Plant it.
You find a pair of socks? Plant it.
You find a Milli Vanilli casette tape? Plant it.
- Upon equipping the Fire Bellows and the War Machete:
"We could have ourselves a mighty fine cookout with those items. Too bad that's not what we're doing."
- Anytime that a particularly hard boss is defeated by... falling off the playfield. This tends to happen a lot with Scumbags and Lunkheads.
- Killing a boss with the explosion-on-death effect from Hearty Punch is pretty funny, too, especially if you weren't expecting it/forgot you had it on. Queen Anne the Anklegator is particularly vulnerable to this.
- The Kid lands at any given area... flat on his face.