|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Barbie plays Annika, a sheltered princess who wants to ice skate all day long, on her sixteenth birthday she meets a polar bear and decides to take it home. Her parents see it, freak out and ground her for the rest of her life. She leaves home to ice skate again when an evil warlock shows up and demands he marry her, when she asks why she should, he petrifies her entire kingdom and her parents. Just then, a flying horse appears in the sky and whisks her away to the Sky Kingdom. As they flee, Wenlock declares she has three days before his spell becomes unbreakable.
It is soon revealed that the Pegasus is her sister and that Wenlock did this to her when she refused to marry him. One of the
Sky Girls sky painters blurts out that the only thing that can stop Wenlock is a Wand Of Light formed from three pieces, a "measure of courage", a "gem of ice lit by hope's eternal flame", and a "ring of love".
- Animated Actors: Played straight in the Bloopers.
- The Atoner: Aidan.
- Big Bad: Wenlock.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin': Annika, she goes skating and gets grounded forever. Then sneaks out of the house once once more and gets her entire kingdom in trouble. Finally, she angrily tries to kill Wenlock and the wand refuses to work for her.
- Chekhov's Gun: Annika’s ability to Ice Skate
- Deleted Scene: A whole reel of them.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Sure Annika made a mistake bringing the bear into the house, but grounding her forever is overdoing it, justified later though.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: There are sparkles everywhere in this movie. Team Pet Shiver’s catchphrase is “Sparkle, Sparkle”.
- Everything's Worse with Bears: ZigZagged. Shiver is cute, but does nothing but cause trouble for the team.
- Ending Theme: Hope Has Wings
- Four Man Band
- Forging Scene: After collecting the three parts, this occurs when Aidan, who happens to be a smith, forges the Wand Of Light.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Annika
- Harmless Freezing: Annika was buried under what seemed to be at least twenty feet of snow, yet all it takes is a nap to make her feel better. Might be Handwaved by magic.
- MacGuffin: The three pieces of the Wand Of Light, and then the Wand Of Light itself.
- Name's the Same: Erik, which brings up some interesting questions when the same name is used as a love interest in another Barbie movie.
- Never Say "Die": Averted then played straight. Annika wants to kill the Big Bad, but the wand doesn’t let her.
- The Power of Love: The only way the Wand of Light can be activated.
- Princess Classic: Annika
- Romance on the Set: Barbie and Ken.
- Super OCD: Annika and Briteta’s mother.
- Solve the Soup Cans: The Wand parts were very much this. Good thing Annika had such great luck.
- Taken for Granite: One of the powers of Wenlock's wand.
- Television Is Trying to Kill Us: Yes girls, touch the cute bear! Take it home! It won’t kill and/or maim you in the process.
- Transformation Sequence: For no good reason at all, Anika transforms into
Goda super princess when she uses the wand the second time.