|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A romantic crime comedy about the misadventures of two escaped convicts, Joe Blake (Bruce Willis) and Terry Collins (Billy Bob Thornton), who start robbing banks to fund their dreams, which include a bar in Mexico.
However, a woman (Cate Blanchett) gets involved and things become complicated...
Not to be confused with the 1997 German film of the same name.
This film provides examples of:
- Badass: Joe. The guy knocks over a bank with a Magic Marker.
- Bank Robbery
- Bunny Ears Lawyer: Terry, despite his numerous quirks and neuroticisms, is actually a pretty damn competent (and inventive) criminal.
- The Chick: Kate.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The ending.
- Flash Back / Flash Forward
- Genius Ditz: Harvey.
- Ho Yay: You gotta wonder just how many directions the movie's Love Triangle goes in, given that Joe and Terry are pretty much Heterosexual Life Partners, the bank robbing edition.
- Loveable Rogue: Both Joe and Terry qualify, though Joe is the more typical example (a charming ladies man) while Terry is dorkishly endearing.
- Love Triangle: Kate is stuck having to choose between Joe and Terry. Her decision ends up being awesomely unorthodox.
- Odd Couple: Joe and Terry. Terry being a neurotic hypochondriac and Joe being... Bruce Willis.
- OT 3: This one's canon.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Again, Terry and Joe.
Terry: Kate, you should choose. What's it gonna be? Mr. Action Figure Hero Guy? Or brains, and sensitivity, and a lot of other things I could name. So in other words: me or THAT guy?
Joe: Yeah, good looking, or ITCHY.