The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Alexander Gould (who voiced the titular fish in Finding Nemo) and Patrick Stewart (who plays Captain Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek the Next Generation) voice Bambi and The Great Prince respectively in Bambi II.
- Also, in the original movie, Adult Flower was voiced by none other than Sterling Halloway, the actor who would later go on to be the voice of Winnie the Pooh.
- No Export for You:
- Surprisingly, the original novel got a direct sequel called Bambi's Children...that was never released or translated in America. However, back in Bambi's heyday, Disney did complete and publish a comic book adaptation of Bambi's Children.
- Interestingly, the modern 'Bambi II' happened to be released theatrically overseas, but in the US it was a direct to video release, for whatever reason.
- Also, thanks to a little thing called World War II, Bambi originally didn't get released in Japan. However, Osamu Tezuka made a manga adaptation of the film during the 60's after getting permission from Walt himself when they met each other at the World Fair of the time.
- What Could Have Been:
- According to the book "Mickey and the Gang: Classic Stories in Verse", a film adaptation of "Bambi's Children" was actually planned but never got beyond the early stages of development.
- The later released midquel Bambi II was to be titled Bambi And The Great Prince in early stages.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.