The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Marl's voice-actor's opening lines ("You talkin' to me?") are taken from the film Taxi Driver.
- Some say that Kivan sounds like Clint Eastwood's character Dirty Harry.
- Clicking on Khalid's portrait enough times will get him to say Porky Pig's "Th-th-th-that's all, f-f-folks!" and also "Ch-ch-ch-chia!".
- Clicking on Jaheira's portrait will eventually get her to say "By your command" in the style of the Cylons from Battlestar Galactica Classic.
- Clicking on Dynaheir's gets her to say "These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do", after the song by Nancy Sinatra.
- When his morale fails, Garrick panickedly sings "Brave-brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick led the way/Brave-brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick ran away!"
- In one area, the party comes across a kobold, a xvart, and a tasloi. None of them attack you on sight, so you may be inclined to talk to them. If you do, one of them says "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl." You can get them to give you their autographs on a scroll if you like.
- There is a character named "Lord Foreshadow" extol the general awesomeness of nights in Neverwinter. Neverwinter Nights was still in development at the time of BG1's release.
- The game also has a character named Pallonia who mentions "a city where winter never rears its ugly head" that "will soon welcome the return of a multitude of citizens." Neverwinter Nights was also the name of an old MMORPG that shut down in 1997.
- In the field just south of Beregost, you can run into a character named Bub Snikt who can smell ogres nearby and claims that what he does ain't pretty. 'Snikt Bub' is a nickname of Wolverine...
- And of course, there's Wolverine's penchant for calling people 'bub', and 'snikt' being his claws' signature sound effect.
- Repeatedly clicking on Safana results in the sultry-voiced thief quoting Mae West, telling you "When I'm good, I'm very very good. But when I'm bad...I'm better," and "Between two evils, I always choose the one I haven't tried."
- Shar-Teel paraphrases a couple of quotes from Predator: "If it bleeds, I can kill it," and "I don't have time to bleed."
- The paladin Ajantis will sometimes tell you "My honor is my life." This is, word for word, the creed of Sturm Brightblade from Dragonlance.
- There's an NPC named Peter of the North (encountered during the wyvern hunt part). Peter North is the screen name of a well-known adult film actor. In the game, Peter of the North calls himself a "master woodsman," just in case you thought it was a coincidence.
- In the last dungeon, you are confronted by a mage named Rahvin who serves the Lion Throne.
- In the city of Baldur's Gate there is a man name McFeelie who, if spoken to tells you about his speedy delivery.
Baldur's Gate II
- Garrick, an unrecruitable NPC in this game, is involved in a subplot that is very much like Cyrano De Bergerac.
- This game a string of bizarre murderers in a remote village called Innesvale. One of the potential culprits is an old legend about the Umar witch, living in the hills. Apparently, a trio of mage apprentices went into the hills some years ago looking for the witch, but were never seen again apart from the journal of one of them. Sound familiar? The journal, which you can
get a copy offind multiple copies of, is called "The Umar Witch Project".
- When the player discovers Khalid's body, Imoen says that Jon Irenicus forced her to look as he was torturing his prisoner, asking after each cut Do you see?.
- What's that a reference to?
- If you decide to snitch on Jan, he'll be taken to prison and will plead with you to break him out, concluding with "Help me, CHARNAME, you are my only hope."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.