The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: An astonishingly good car driver.
- Straight: During the climatic car chase, Alice manages to run down a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in a 1986 Ford Sierra RS Cosworth.
- Downplayed: Alice is a better driver than most, but other characters in the series (like Bob) are better still.
- Justified: Alice is a retired Formula One racer.
- Inverted: Alice refuses to drive faster than 20 mph under any circumstances.
- Subverted: The film goes into slow-motion as Alice slides dramatically around the first corner ... and smashes into the wall.
- Double Subverted: ...which puts her car into a new slide for the next corner.
- Parodied: Alice and her equally-skilled rival engage in the car-equivalent of a swordfight to the death, clashing sparks off of their respective fenders and yelling horrible puns like 'en gearde!'
- Deconstructed: Alice spends all her spare time and money driving her cars, to the detriment of her personal life.
- Reconstructed: Alice spends much of her spare time and money driving with the members of the local sports car club.
- Zig Zagged: Alice is an incredibly good driver in her car -- put her behind the wheel of anything else and she's useless.
- The protagonists are all children too young to drive.
- Alternatively, the protagonists are all drivers of average ability and personality.
- Enforced: The plot centers around a race.
- Lampshaded: "We have to compete at a track day? Alice will be happy."
- Invoked: Alice was hired for The Caper as a getaway driver.
- Exploited: ...for an unrelated job, so the police would be distracted trying to run her down while the actual crime took place elsewhere.
- Defied: Alice is a fine driver, but local traffic laws and vast differences in car performance make this a very minor advantage.
- Discussed: "Trust Alice with this job. I wouldn't be surprised if she jumps three broken bridges and bootleg-turns into a parallel park just getting you to your destination."
- Conversed: "So what does Alice do in her off-time, moonlight as a stunt valet?"
- Played for Drama: Due to her skills, Alice is forced to participate in a high-stakes, top-secret, extremely dangerous race in which finishing in the last four places has a bomb in your car go off. She survives the race.
Back to Badass Driver.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.