|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Bad Moon is a horror film released in 1996 about werewolves. Specifically, the film is based on a novel Thor, which tells the story from the point of view of the eponymous family dog.
The story starts off pretty simple; guy gets attacked by werewolf, becomes a werewolf. But then it becomes a lot more interesting when he moves back home and his sister invites him to stay at her home along with with her son and dog and he attempts to hide his curse from them whilst the dog becomes determined to protect them from him.
Bad Moon contains examples of:
- Badass: Thor.
- Cool Pet: Thor.
- Death by Sex: Ted's girlfriend Marjorie is torn out of their tent and torn apart while the two were in the middle of having sex.
- Destination Defenestration: Second fight between Thor and Ted end with both of them crashing through a window.
- Diary: Janet learns of her brother's condition by reading his diary.
- Drool Hello: Happens to the forest ranger before he is killed.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Subverted. At first, Thor is very friendly towards Ted, but then becomes increasingly more wary after he discovers what's left of one of Ted's victims, during one of his transformations, in the woods. He then makes guarding his family his highest priority, especially after watching a transformed Ted, who had handcuffed himself to a tree.
- The Film of the Book
- Off with His Head: Ted kills the werewolf which killed Marjorie by blowing its head off with a shotgun.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: According to Ted, it doesn't require a full moon for a werewolf to transform and they'll do it every night when the moon is in the sky. They also don't require silver bullets to kill them and can be harmed by conventional means. When Thor attacks Ted in his werewolf form at the end, he manages to make him bleed.
- Power of Love: Ted hoped that his love for his sister and her son would have helped him to control his werewolfism. He found himself on the wrong.
- Precision F-Strike: "GET THE FUCK OFF MY SON!"
- Redemption Equals Death: After attacking his family and his fight with Thor, a badly injured Ted is discovered by Thor in the woods. Ted then begs for Thor to kill him. Which he does.
- Super Window Jump: Ted crashing into Janet's house when she is reloading her revolver.