|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Executive Meddling: A positive example - after Backyard Baseball didn't perform well in its first year, everyone at Humongous was convinced not to make any more games, but Ron Gilbert pushed them forward. And surprise surprise, they ended up outselling their already popular Junior Adventures.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Jen Taylor got her start in Backyard Baseball, who would later become known for her work in the Super Mario Bros., Halo, and Left 4 Dead series.
- No Export for You/Bad Export for You: Backyard Soccer: MLS Edition was the only game in the series to ever be taken overseas. To make this even worse, they decided to translate the inferior PSX version instead of the PC version.
- What Could Have Been:
- According to one of the original Humongous animators, Lara Schnieder, the series was going to go 3D, but before any game in the series could be produced, Humongous shut down and left Atari to continue it.
- Basketball 's credits list the people who programmed an online mode, suggesting that it would have had online play. Football 2002 also has a screenshot in the help files that replaces "Network" with "On-line", suggesting it was supposed to be this instead of LAN.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.