The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Back to Brooklyn, by Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti, with art by Mihailo Vukelic, is the story of mobster Bob Saetta, and his journey to rescue his wife Penny and son Michael from his brother, mob boss Paul "The Wall" Saetta.
Tropes used in Back to Brooklyn include:
- Abusive Parents: Bob's mother, Penny.
- All for Nothing: The cops let Bob loose in Brooklyn in exchange of all the information on Paul's network. Which is rendered useless after Bob killed his brother and most of the mobsters he has dirt on.
- Angry Guard Dog: Bob unleashes a few on the mobsters, instantly removing Churchill as a threat along with his hand.
- Anti-Hero: Bob himself is a mobster.
- Big Bad: Paul "The Wall" Saetta.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Bob's mother. Penny
- Black and Gray Morality: Bob's a mobster, the cops use racial slurs, but the villains are REALLY bad.
- Boom! Headshot!: Several times, most notably on Penny.
- Cain and Abel: Paul and Bob.
- Cold-Blooded Torture:
- When he tracks Bob to an old store Bob used to frequent, he tortures the elderly owner with a straight razor. After carving him to bits, Churchill has the place set on fire, informing the old man he can carry his bedridden wife out to save her after Churchill has left him in no shape to even walk.
- Churchill later captures Bob's best friend Vinnie and tortures him, only cutting it short with a bullet to the head when he realizes Vinnie will never betray Bob.
- Cop Killer: Paul kills multiple police officers.
- Defiant to the End: Vinnie's last moments are spent detailing how he cuckolded the mobsters about to kill him. Even with Churchill telling the goons he's goading them into killing him quick, they fall for it.
- The Dragon: Paul's "pet psychopath" Churchill.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When his brother Bob discovers a videotape of Paul raping and murdering a little boy, it makes him disgusted enough to turn on Paul.
- Eye Scream: The final fight scene.
- Gag Penis: Vinnie is also known as "Thermos", and uses it to sleep with just about every single mobster's wife and girlfriend.
- I Have Your Wife: Paul kidnaps Bob's family with the implication he will murder Bob's young son Michael if Bob crosses him. It turns out he only kidnapped half the family.
- Man on Fire: How Paul dies, and boy did he deserve it.
- Papa Wolf: Bob's motive. Played straighter after The Reveal of Penny's betrayal.
- Racist Grandma: Bob's mom, the main strain in their relationship is that Bob married a Mexican.
- Roaring Rampage of Rescue: Bob goes on one to save his family.
- Sadistic Choice: Churchill can keep squeezing the stump of his hand to prevent himself from bleeding out, but the only thing preventing the dogs from eating the rest of him is the fact that he's holding onto the scaffolding with his good arm.
- Snuff Film: Paul makes these with young boys which are recorded by Penny.
- The Sociopath: Paul, Churchill and Penny, who mocks Bob for his morals as well as trying to have her own son raped and killed by Bob's paedophile brother For the Evulz, no less.
- Wham Line: "Who did you think was holding the camera?" Penny was.
- Would Hurt a Child:
- Paul rapes and kills kids and has it videotaped.
- Churchill is the one who set a deal with Russian mobsters to always provide Paul with immigrant boys.
- Penny was the one who taped Paul's crimes and was willing to let him have his way on her own son.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.