|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Typical and forgettable but otherwise acceptable and inoffensive 1984 Tom Hanks sex comedy directed by Neal Israel (of Surf Ninjas fame).
Party-animal Rick Gassko (Hanks) decides to settle down and marry his girlfriend Debbie Thompson (Tawny Kitaen), so his friends friends Jay O'Neill (Adrian Zmed), Dr. Stan Gassko (William Tepper), Rudy (Barry Diamond), Gary (Gary Grossman), Brad Mollen (Gradford Bancroft) and Ryko (Michael Dudikoff) decide to host him a Bachelor Party at a high-class hotel. All the usual hijinks with strippers and drugs and the men's wives/girlfriends being concerned and attempting to spy on them ensue, plus; Debbie's father (George Grizzard) does not think Rick is good enough for her, so he sends her ex-boyfriend Cole Whittier (Robert Prescott) to the party to try and murder him.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: The band they get for the party sings the song "Why Do Good Girls Like Bad Boys?"
- Berserk Button: "STANNN!!! YOU LYING DOG! You said no HOOKERS (punch), no HOOKERS (punch), no HOOKERS!!!"
- Blond Guys Are Evil: Cole.
- Bungled Suicide: a supporting character, despondent over his girlfriend dumping him, tries to slash his wrists...with an electric shaver.
- But You Screw One Goat!: Max the Magical Sexual Mule and Miss Desiree.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Brad.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Debbie's rich, stuck-up father absolutely hates Rick.
- Digital Head Swap An early non-CGI Rick is conflicted about sleeping with another woman before his wedding and sees several heads of his wife, his male friends, and a nun, superimposed upon the girl's naked torso, exhorting him to either do it or not, Floating Advice Reminder style.
- Gag Penis: There's a scene where a male stripper is paid to prank the bachelorette's friends by serving a "foot-long hot dog" in a restaurant.
- Henpecked Husband: Stan. It's implied that Brad is this way too.
- Eighties Hair
- Fanservice Extra: Monique Gabrielle. Holy Jebus. It takes a man who is extremely committed to his fiance to turn down sex with her.
- Jerk Jock: Cole.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: All of Rick's friends, especially Rudy.
- Slobs Versus Snobs
- So Okay It's Average