|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Reruns now appear occasionally on Adult Swim. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was subject to much Executive Meddling and the strip's creators weren't too thrilled with the results.
- Actor Allusion: In one episode, Darryl refers to Wanda's aunt who does imitations of old Saturday Night Live characters, including Julia Sweeney's "Pat" character.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Played straight and subverted in one episode. Dizzy is going out with a Jerkass who's "hurting inside" but is convinced to dump him by Darryl and give a nice boy a chance. The boyfriend threatens Darryl to get her back to him, he refuses and is rewarded with a beating, and Dizzy still goes back to the jerk. He gets vindictated when it's revealed that Flak, the guy who was 'hurting inside' when he was in highschool grew up to be the "actually" depressed highschool janitor.
- Catch Phrase: "Hi, Wanda, how's the baby?" Melinda's typical greeting whenever she runs into Wanda.
- Game Show Appearance: In one episode, Darryl dreams that he and Wanda appear on Family Feud.
- Hotter and Sexier: In an effort to appeal to the 17-25 age range, the animated series relied on sex-themed comedy show akin to Family Guy (or post-season 9 Simpsons). Fans of the original comic and the comic strip creators were not pleased with the results.
- Ink Suit Actor: Diedrich Bader as Kenny.
- Prequel: The show was set back when Zoe was just born, and is an infant throughout the series. Hammie and of course Wren are nowhere to be seen as they haven't been born yet.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "It's All Been Done" by Barenaked Ladies
- Special Guest: One episode had Drew Carey appear as himself, though the oddness of this was Lampshaded.
- The Voiceless: Shelby Bitterman
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife Darryl's boss, an old man, keeps "trading in for a younger wife."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.