|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A 2018 manga about monks that fight demons with guns.
A child is found by wolves in a forest in Hokkaido. Six years later, a monk called Ryudaiji, investigating the apparition of a specter around the area, meets a young man raised by the wolves on the forest. The boy don't even knows his own name, though he have a dogtag with a name on it, but he can't read it. Ryudaiji reads the dogtag and tells the boy his name: Madoka Tamaki.
After the specter is defeated by the monk, Madoka accepts his offer to leave the forest and search for his own origins, though he refuses the idea of becoming a monk like Ryudaji.
Writing and Art by Ryouji Hirano. Serialized on Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump.
- Amnesiac Hero: Tamaki barely remembers anything before being found by the wolves in a river when he was still a child.
- Celibate Hero: The monks are supposed to be that. Hagakure has a clear interest on women though.
- Face of a Thug: In Madoka's vision, Ryudaji has one of these.
- Invisible To Normals: A seal upon the body of a monster that caused a huge disaster 8 years before the story began also keeps his body invisible to normal people.
- Our Demons Are Different: They are human souls that stay attached to Earth for too much time and begin to eat other souls.
- Our Dragons Are Different: The demon that caused the "Hundred Demons Pandemonium" disaster resembles a chinese dragon.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Hagakure's hair covers his left eye.
- Puppeteer Parasite: Parasyte-type demons(that resemble octopus) possess and control people so they can obtain souls to eat.
- Quest for Identity: Tamaki decides to take the monk training(despite saying he don't wants to boe one), because he desesperately wants to find the secret behind his identity.
- Raised by Wolves: Madoka is a by-the-book example of the trope. He knows how to speak japanese, but don't understand written words, at least in the beginning.