|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Rat Kirby: Yeah, the Mansion's a nice place. I'm sure you'll like it there.
#BChat, found on the server EsperNet, hosts chat-style (duh) RPs centered around a reality-bending mansion and its inhabitants from more universes than you can shake a stick at.
The RPs tend to bounce between serious and light-hearted at the drop of a hat, and while there is a strong continuity between events, any given event will rarely last more than a few days. (Well, except for the Pirates RP, but every rule has exceptions.)
At any given time, there will be about twenty different subplots running at once.
Tropes that apply to #BChat:
- Aborted Arc: Naturally, some storylines never get fully played out, or are just retconned away.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Several, most of which make up the Unbreakable Pirates.
- Back From the Dead: Rat.
- Calling Your Attacks: Play a Drinking Game with this. You'll be under the table in no time.
- Cool Sword: A few characters, such as Blue and Alistair, take pride in their pieces of sharpened metal.
- Dark Is Not Evil: There are quite a few residents who use dark magic and are also not evil (see: Revor and Shara), but also worth noting is Lyrra, the (non-evil) sentient shadow.
- Dark World: Has appeared twice. Once turning the mansion into a maze of strange writing and flesh, though it is possible it was all caused by Dark Jirbyth having some fun with some of the residents. Earlier a variation appeared populated (and possibly made) of Heartless within Dennis' room.
- Deadpan Snarker: About half of the mansion at any given time.
- Demonic (and Angelic) Possession: BabyCharmander had been possessed by an angel and a demon almost since birth; an event revolved around exorcising the demon, which only resulted in Tanner winding up possessed instead.
- Dream Land: A few residents were pulled into one of VGJustice's dreams of his past, and had to stop him from accidentally unmaking reality.
- Drop in Character: While most of the characters are residents of the Mansion, there are a handful who don't actually live there and just pop in from time to time.
- Five-Man Band: The residents make up multiple sets of Bands, including, but not limited to, the Unbreakables and the Flametail Pirates.
- For Science!: Describes the motivation of an alarming number of residents.
- Funny Animal: A good chunk of the residents, if they aren't entirely Talking Animals.
- Gender Bender: The infamous Gender Swap event. Revor in particular has had trouble living it down.
- Hollywood Healing: Some of the residents heal really fast. The mansion does also, to an extent.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: Besides dragon characters like Kayla and Arin, there was an event where three dragons attacked the Mansion.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Mecha: There's Pitch, who hangs around most of the time, but also worth mentioning is Moonside, Dennis' personal mech.
- Killed Off for Real: Awesome and Dennis.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Duh.
- Mascot: Pretty much every person who frequents the channel has a character who acts as their mascot. The mascot of the chat itself would be BabyCharmander.
- Mad Scientist: More than can be healthy in one place.
- Mix and Match Critter: During the Heartless event, the mansion was attacked by a horde of these. There are also several residents who are these.
- Mood Whiplash: RPs can go from humorous and lighthearted to deadly serious at the drop of a hat.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Due to the multiversal nature of the roleplay, several characters are a foot tall or less. That doesn't prevent them from kicking the crap out of opponents four times their size.
- Petting Zoo People: See Funny Animal.
- Rogues Gallery: Naturally, though the members rarely consort with each other. See the character page for the full list.
- Rule of Cool: Oh yes.
- Silent Bob: Quite a few residents of the mansion don't speak at all.
- Speech Impediment: Counting the number of residents who have some difficulty speaking coherently would take... quite a while.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: An event revolved around one of these; formerly belonging to BabyCharmander, now Tanner's saddled with it.
- Super Team: Describes the relationship that most of the characters share, if they aren't flat-out True Companions.
- The Chosen One: Everybody and their mother's been Chosen for something.
- The Heartless: Dennis, the main villain of the Heartless event, is... well, take a guess. There are also two harmless varieties that hang around the Mansion: The White Mushroom and the Rare Truffle. And finally there's Lash, who became a Nobody after the events of the Heartless Invasion.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: The Unbreakables.
- The Trickster: Quite a few.
- True Companions
- Verbal Tic: There's a few characters with one, but the most distinctive is BabyCharmander's "mur."
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Alistair and Pelleas almost found a way home through Hypotenuse Man.