|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Burning Dog Face
- Freelance Astronauts
- HC Bailly
- Marik Plays Bloodlines
- Naka Teleeli
- Over the Gun
- Proton Jon
- The Runaway Guys
- Sir Ron Lionheart
- Team Four Star
- Yogscast Minecraft Series
- First, this page needs to mention Slowbeef, creator of the idea of Let's Play-ing.
- Helloween 4545's playthrough of F.E.A.R., specifically when he learns how to shoot grenades in midair and one-shots Replicas with flying kicks.
- A cooler example is in his LP of Dead Space, when he's ambushed on the bridge by a bunch of Necromorphs. He uses the alt fire button for the pulse rifle he's holding. Isaac crouches down and part of the gun begins to spin, firing off shots in all directions. As ineffective as it is, it still looks awesome. Not to mention that he took down the first Brute he encountered while taking no damage.
- Coestar, a Minecraft LPer, Colonized HELL in a mere 15 videos, and his attitude was "yeah, typical tuesday in hell, meh" for episode 7 or so onwards. He found hell kind of boring. HE FOUND HELL BORING. HOLY SHIT PEOPLE.
- YMMV, of course.
- Kikoskia's last stand in Doom 3.
Kiko: NO! I REFUSE TO DIE LIKE THIS!
- S So HPKC's epic ghast kill in this video. **Even if you think that Uber Haxor Nova killed the ghast, he still killed it with nought but a goddamn ladder.
- Vicas's test post for Super Mario 64. No Hands. Feet only. Lethal Lava Land. And only one death too!
- In the Spoiler Warning one year anniversary, while playing Amnesia the Dark Descent Reginald Cuftbert/Jack manages to "defeat" one of the Nightmare Fuel monsters by standing upon its head and making it his personal mount. And most of them aren't freaked out by this game.
- Medibot gets one during Wolfshirt's Dungeons and Dragon's let's play. He has his character Miriam powerslide over to one of the enemies and rap at him so amazingly that the DM counts it as an attack of his choosing.
"Pick any damage. Any damage"
- Cybershell13 deserves a mention here because of his hilarious, profanity-laiden, and extremely entertaining Sonic the Hedgehog playthroughs.
- The Time Warrors and their LP of War for Cybertron. At about 2:40 in their third video, Megatron goes on about how he senses Cloakers in the room. Roboky, playing as Megatron, casually shoots at the balcony they were standing on and kills four of them in one shot.
- You may not expect to find one in a cutesy game like Kirbys Epic Yarn, but Medibot and Kaz are here to prove you wrong by turning into a giant robot and rocket-punching the heck out of Yin-Yarn. He barely gets a shot in!
- Crazy Commentaries gets one in during their Super Mario 64 Let's Play in this video, they were racing Koopa the Quick and they came to the part where they had to get past a bridge with wind blowing. Koopa looked like he pushed them off the bridge and onto the last platform, then they longjumped to the flag to eke out a victory by a mere 0.2 seconds
- The milleniumfrisbee in his LP of Paper Mario manages to beat most of the game with only one badge (a HP Plus badge) and on the boss fight with the Ice King, manages to get the spell to activate when getting the star points, netting him 88 star points (beating chuggaaconroy's record of 68 star points by 20).
- RaidouFrost pulls a string of these during the tail end of his LP of Shin Megami Tensei I, including taking down several bosses with auto-battle. Not to mention some of his Badass Boasts:
Michael: "What kind of pathetic excuse for a savior are you?!"
RaidouFrost: "I'm not a savior. I'm just here to kill everything so that the world doesn't get destroyed even more."
Magnus: "In the end, I couldn't beat you, Kazuya. You were always a step ahead of me."
RaidouFrost: "Darius was always a step ahead of you. Hell, Ozawa was always a step ahead of you."
Magnus: "And I thought I had finally gotten power that surpassed God's too."
RaidouFrost: "Ha, that's a good one. A stray cat was probably more around your league."
- Slowflake has had a few.
- Most notably, the fact that he has played through Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and most of Soul Silver... WITH LESS THAN TEN FAINTS ALTOGETHER.
- His one-ball catches of Zapdos in Red and Platinum were awesome, and would probably make the average Pokemon gamer pretty jealous. However, his Soul Silver bout with Zapdos was... not as stellar.
- He also gets points for his Sonic 2 for Game Gear Let's Play, where he spent a long ammount of time hyping that stupid pipe thing... and then only died one time to it.
- In the same game, he explains a glitch that makes the first battle with Robotnik very, very hard in the Game Gear installment. Some time later... he manages to jump between Robotnik and the extra ball, and from there to safety. He proceeds to freak the hell out, yelling and panting on a level on par with Chuggaaconroy's, and explain that he was never able to clear it in two separate jumps.
- InvisibleGunslinger1, upon learning that a close friend who is watching his playthrough of I Wanna Be the Boshy is going to the Marines soon, vows to get through the world he is currently on and reach the next boss, as his friend has said he wanted to see what the next boss is before he leaves. He not only does this, but he also defeats said boss fight in record time.
- In the spirit of Edward Lear, we hear a very rousing, albeit weird, yet amusing piece of impromptu poetry from a guy you least expect: Raocow (the speech starts halfway through the video)
- In The Dark IDs Let's Play of Resident Evil 2 and 3, when it looks like Jill is finally about to escape the hell on Earth that is Racoon City, she has the gall to think to herself 'It's finally over'. At that point, the Nemesis has had more than enough, and with a Badass Creed, it prepares to destroy Jill once and for all.
Nemesis: "You know what? I was going to let you go. But you had to go and pull silly shit like that. I'm done fucking around here. I've got half my face stapled on. I lost my lips in a game of poker. I've got Corn Pops for teeth and a Jawbreaker for an eye. I'm wearing leather and it's 75 degrees out. I've been shot, blown up twice, electrocuted, and my wallet stolen twice just today. I'm the Nemesis, bitch, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
- Diabetus' Let's Play of Battletoads is worth mentioning here. He plays through a notoriously difficult game without getting hit once, and uses only one savestate.
- Slowflake has a few for Pokémon Emerald and Super Mario Bros 3 -- notably when he beats Norman's Slaking (a That One Boss for many a trainer, including himself) in a matter of seconds.
- Chuggaaconroy, in Part 18 of his Pokemon Crystal LP-- he mentions that he'd like to catch a Koffing for his team before leaving Burned Tower. Literally a moment after saying that, he encounters and captures one. What's so special, let alone awesome, about this catch? It's a shiny.
- RedChocobo proving that Bullet Seed (in Emerald) and Fury Cutter (in Platinum) can be VERY helpful in the right situation.
- The shiny Chinchou catch in Emerald part 55.
- After having a ton of trouble in his practice runs, UniversalGiant completes The Perfect Run in Super Mario Galaxy 2 on his first recorded attempt.
- In a Let's Play of Fire Emblem 7, when it came time to challenge Sonia to finish the battle and claim the throne, the author sent Canas, who is canonically Nino's uncle according to her support with the druid, to take her out as a form of poetic justice. First turn in, he criticals with Luna, wiping her out in a single blast of dark magic before she can even attack. Needless to say, I cheered like he never cheered before at the outcome.
- A similar Let's Play boss kill is in Rondie Plays Fire Emblem 8, episode 021-2a. Joshua, whose mother was murdered by Callach in the last chapter, delivers revenge in the form of the One-Hit Kill Silencer. And just to rub it in, Rondie adds extra dialogue: "You bastard...you stole my Hoplon Guard, Assassin, with Shamshir, and A Support adding critical?! CURSE YOOOUUUU~"
- BikdipOnABus at the end of his Pokemon FireRed Omega Let's Play
- After trying to clear a room in Hero's Cave from Oracle of Ages for about 10 minutes, these LP'ers discover one of the more entertaining ways to clear a Zelda level.
- The best part? They were joking when they tried that.
- The Syndicate Project, a Youtube User doing essentially a Let's Play of Minecraft, had an awesome moment in the latest episode, which he titled 'Luckiest Minecraft Player Ever'. Why? He went into the Nether to collect some Glowstone, with some armour enchanted with protection, pickaxes, and a few other items. During said collection of glowstone, he falls of a ledge into lava and is momentarily blinded (you can't see under-lava). Upon surfacing and panicking, he is very slowly swimming to the nearest shore, hoping his enchanted armour can keep him alive. It does, and he reaches the shore, only to then have a Ghast attack him, causing him to run back towards his portal (he hopes). He ends up being attacked by two more Ghasts, attacking one and running from the other, before diving back to safety through the portal. Upon arriving back, he is understandably freaked out, and upon checking his armour finds that three of the four pieces are almost broken. Luckiest Minecraft Player indeed.
- ↑ that makes the game spawn an extra seventh ball when he's rolling down the slope, a trick that is almost impossible to dodge