The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- Tony. While Ultron turned out horribly, it's questioned how justified he was in creating him. As Avengers: Infinity War showed, the Avengers are horribly unprepared for the next space-borne attack and The World Is Always Doomed in the MCU. Notably, the Avengers don't seem to think that, or at least never say, that Tony was wrong in trying to create Ultron, their main gripe seems to be that they weren't told about the project, though in his defence, none are really qualified to offer an opinion on AI development. And there's also the question about how much Wanda's vision affected Tony.
- Wanda. Not so much her personality but the manner in which she's Easily Forgiven. As it happens so fast, some wonder if it was just Steve being Steve or that Wanda might have been suffering from Power Incontinence and subtly pushing the Avengers to find her more sympathetic.
- Base Breaker: Quicksliver for doing absolutely nothing. By the time of Civil War, he's already a Forgotten Fallen Friend.
- Continuity Lock Out: The film requires that everyone have watched Phase 2 of the MCU.
- Critical Dissonance: Most critics view the film as So Okay It's Average owing to the heavy foreshadowing. Fan reaction can be that it's one of the MCU's worst entries, agreeing with the critics, or that it's an Even Better Sequel.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Even though she expressed a desire to hurt Tony Stark and all the Avengers, who'd personally done her no wrong, Wanda has diehard fans defending her, saying that Tony forced her onto this path.
- Fandom Rivalry: This Quicksilver versus the one from the X-Men Cinematic Universe. Some people like the X-Men Cinematic Universe Quicksilver better, but others think the MCU Quicksilver was Truer to the Text and resent the fact that he didn't make it past this movie.
- Fanon: A lot of Tony fangirls have somehow gotten it into their heads that Thor created a lightning surge with his hammer that the Mind Stone used to create Ultron.
- He's Just Hiding: Given Ultron's Body Surf abilities, very few believe that he's actually dead.
- Ron the Death Eater: Those same fans who grant Draco in Leather Pants to Wanda are insistent that Tony personally murdered her parents. Despite it being established that Tony's contributions for Stark Industries are mostly R&D and that the bomb more likely wound up in Sokovia thanks to the backroom dealings of Obadiah Stane.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Tony to some.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character:
- Sam in the climax. While he wouldn't have been able to provide as much raw destructive output as Iron Man, War Machine, or Vision, his skills as a Combat Medic would have made him invaluable in evacuating Novi Grad.
- Uncanny Valley: Ultron's face.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.