|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"I am going to speak my mind and you are going to listen!"
Aang reveals to the others that the city has been evacuated, and they quickly conclude that the invasion is a trap. Even so, Sokka and Aang aren't willing to give up, and, surmising that the Fire Lord is still in the city, they decide to continue with the invasion. Aang, Sokka, and Toph head out to find the bunker the Fire Lord is hiding in, but are instead met by Azula. Meanwhile, Zuko confronts his father in another part of the bunker.
- Badass Normal: Azula is definitely this without her firebending.
- Berserk Button: Sokka loses it when Azula taunts him about Suki's capture. For context, he knew she was taunting everyone to get them to run out the clock and he still lost control.
- Berserker Tears: Sokka gets these when he loses it.
- Blatant Lies: "I am a 400-foot tall purple platypus-bear with pink horns and silver wings."
- Brought Down to Normal: The Firebenders.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Zuko to Ozai, while they're both depowered.
- Chekhov's Gun: We learn much later that Bumi singlehandedly liberated Omashu on the same day.
- Consummate Liar: Azula. She even impresses Living Lie Detector Toph.
- Darkest Hour: Has the second cruelest Downer Ending of the entire series.
- Disc One Final Episode
- Downer Ending: Mostly. The Invasion failed, the troops are imprisoned, and Aang and friends have to flee... but Zuko's good now!
- Elaborate Underground Base: The bunker beneath the Fire Nation capital.
- Field Power Effect: The solar eclipse stops firebending from working while the sun is completely blocked.
- Heel Face Turn: Zuko finally makes one.
- Magitek: The tanks are propelled by bending and steered mechanically.
- My Defense Need Not Protect Me Forever: Azula stalls the heroes until her firebending returns.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Zuko goes to rescue Iroh from prison—and when he gets there, he finds out that Iroh has already busted out by himself, having turned into a "one-man army" and torn down the bars of his cell.
- Oh Crap: First the war balloons appear...and then come the zeppelins.
- Punctuated for Emphasis:
Sokka: Where?! Is?! Suki?!