|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Aang and Zuko displayed their fair share of Foe Yay back when they were enemies. But when Zuko joins the group, the series wasted absolutely no time just switching to regular Ho Yay.
Aang: Zuko, get over here! I want you to dance with me!
Aang: Just do it!
- That same episode had them dancing and standing back to back in the middle of a tornado of RAINBOW fire underneath two dragons forming a heart. Mike and Bryan either don't know the meaning of subtlety or don't care.
- "The Ember Island Players" proves this isn't all in the fans' heads and that the writers are actually conscious of how this comes off.
- In the episode where June helps Zuko find the Avatar, June asks something along the lines of "Who are you looking for? Your girlfriend?" Zuko replies "No, I want the bald boy who's with her."
- At the end of the Final Battle, the two embrace before promising to rebuild a new world together, making the coronation seem more like a wedding. Can you say Crowning Moment of Heartwarming?
- Also, why is Zuko shirtless in Aang's nightmare right before the invasion? So far in the series, Aang has not seen Zuko shirtless. That's right, he is dreaming about Zuko being shirtless.
- When Zuko first tries to join the gang, Aang reveals how Zuko once rescued him as the Blue Spirit.
Aang: He risked his life to save me.
Katara: (his love interest, keep in mind) No, way! I'm sure he only did it so he could capture you himself!
Sokka: Yeah, face it, Aang -- you're nothing but a big prize to him.
- The picture features Aang trying to take some of Zuko's flame because his went out, and getting way too close to him in order to do so.
- Zuko says that Aang gives him a purpose in life and even makes his firebending more powerful. His "inner fire", as he says. Wow.
- Jet and Zuko have their own amount of Foe Yay.
- Given that the male version of Toph was supposed to be a major love interest for Katara, maybe fans aren't imagining things when, say, Toph refers to Katara with such soubriquets as "sugar queen" and "sweetness", and their outing in "The Tales of Ba Sing Se" was just d'aw.
- Waterbender + Earthbender = only a matter of time before they got to mudwrestling each other.
- Azula's downright infamous "favourite prisoner" remark about Suki, said in a tone of voice that makes it very difficult to interpret as anything other than this. Granted, it's Azula, so she could easily be lying to make Sokka angry, but this isn't the only thing hinting at Azula being a Depraved Bisexual.
- Ty Lee mentioning that she bonded with the Kyoshi Warriors in prison sounds like a lesbians in prison movie, especially since she then grabs two of them for a hug and they all get humongous grins on their faces. 'Cept only Ty Lee's grin is unabashedly happy; the other two look worried, as if they're wondering if she'll let slip what happened in there... "We must never tell a soul."
- Roku and Sozin. When Sozin finds out that Roku is leaving to become an Avatar, Sozin privately gives Roku his crown as a parting gift, hoping that Roku will at least be able to have that as a possession (because Avatars are supposed to not need material goods). "See that little crown Roku wears? That means he's the king of queen Sozin's world." Sozin "borrows" Roku during the latter's freaking wedding (and his wife does not seem too pleased about it). While they're sharing some alone time, Sozin starts trying to convince Roku that he's been doing some thinking, and wants Roku to stay by his side and rule the world with him. Yes, he decides to do this the exact same day Roku is getting married, taking him away from his wife to tell him this privately, which... has some rather interesting implications. And then there's how they hang out and spar with each shirtless, with Sozin having the habit of saving Roku from falling by pulling him to him. There's also how Sozin kept trying to get Roku to join him in taking over, only to get very angry after being refused so many times... along with how Sozin didn't get married until much later.
- Heterosexual Life Partners Azula and Ty Lee act as a foil to Zuko and Mai in Lower Deck Episodes starring the villains, occasionally with quasi-romantic lines like Ty Lee reassuringly calling Azula "the smartest, prettiest, most perfect girl in the world". During a scene in "The Beach", Azula shows a warmth to Ty Lee that she never shows to anyone else in the series. Of course, none of this stops Ty Lee from betraying Azula for Mai's sake.
- On that note, it was Ty Lee's betrayal that was the final trigger for the beginning of Azula's Villainous Breakdown.
- The time Toph mistook Suki for Sokka and kissed her on the cheek.
- Sokka and Zuko don't interact much, but when they do... well, let's just say Boiling Rock is also known as Boiling Cock.
- Which they even managed to lampshade in the episode. Chit Sang said something to them along the lines of "If you two are done cuddling..."
- The famous moment in "The Southern Raiders" when Zuko enters Sokka's tent to find Sokka lying on his stomach with a rose in his mouth. Sokka greets him by saying "Well, heeeeelllllooooo..." Sure, it was for Suki...
- Hakoda and Bato, to the point where some fans call them "Katara and Sokka's two daddies". The ship-happy fandom was pleased to hear in "Bato of the Water Tribe" that Hakoda carried Bato to the abbey when he was wounded, and then there are misleading screen shots like this one where it looks like they're nuzzling foreheads.
- In, "The Boiling Rock", right after Mai betrays Azula she says that she loves Zuko more than she fears Azula. When Azula firebends at Mai Ty Lee chi blocks her and betrays her. Look like Ty Lee decided she loves Mai more than she fears Azula.
- It's clear from the girls' expressions and the way the dialogue was delivered that Azula was about to kill Mai before Ty Lee intervened -- it was only after Ty Lee joined Mai that she decided to be inexplicably merciful and have them imprisoned instead.
- Ty Lee has a persistent habit of glomping Mai, which annoys the latter to no end.
- Ty Lee has an almost obsessive desire to make Azula happy.