Aubrey Plaza is an American actress and comedian who has gained popularity for her persona as a Deadpan Snarker and Emotionless Girl. She has been something of a breakout star on Parks and Recreation for her role as intern (and eventually permanent assistant) April Ludgate. She actually was an intern for a post-it note factory and an NBC page before becoming an actress. Her role in Parks and Recreation was actually made for her as the show's casting director reportedly told a producer, "I just met the weirdest girl I've ever met in my life. You have to meet her and put her on your show."
While she has had small film roles in Funny People and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, in 2012 she will have her first starring role in the teen Sex Comedy The To Do List. As well as acting, Plaza performs improv and stand up comedy.
- Funny People (2009) as Daisy Danby
- Mystery Team (2009) as Kelly
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) as Julie Powers
- The To Do List (2012) as Brandy
This actress provides examples of:
- She's a bit loopy in her Letterman interview but she was running on very little sleep. And some Xanax.
- She uses weird phrases like "Sacramento Reconciliation!" to call plays while playing basketball as opposed to hand signals like anyone else.
- She has some kind of fear of snail mail and has a weird ritual involving a dark candlelit room to open her mail.
- Deadpan Snarker: It's one half of her comedy persona.
- Emotionless Girl: The other half of her persona.
- Ill Girl: Had migraines as a girl and a stroke at 20.