The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Straight: Bob is zapped with a Gender Bender gun and Charlie comments on how sexy that Barbara girl looks.
- Exaggerated: It doesn't matter how Bob looked because even the girls want Barbara.
- Inverted: Bob looks like a movie star, but Barbara is an ugly wench.
- Subverted: Charlie comments on Barbara's attractiveness to make Bob feel uncomfortable. He's only kidding.
- Double Subverted: Charlie says he's kidding to keep his image up, he really does think Barbara's attractive.
- Parodied: Bob puts on a wig and suddenly gets an Instant Fanclub of men mistaking him for a woman.
- Deconstructed: Barbara is beautiful and popular, but this sends Bob into a spiral of depression, because the only time anyone likes him is when he's living a lie. He now despises himself, both as Bob and as Barbara.
- Bob learns from the above experience, and finds a way to keep Barbara's feminine beauty as a part of him while remaining true to himself.
- Alternatively, Bob learns that Barbara is his true self, and finds happiness as a female.
- Zig-Zagged: Bob is zapped into Barbara, Charlie comments on how ugly she is, but everyone else thinks otherwise. Charlie stands by his belief only for a little while.
- Averted: Bob is just as attractive as Barbara.
- Enforced: The director wants his movie to be an honest, unflinching portrayal of Bob, who when crossdressed as Barbara looks like an ugly woman. But Bob is played by a powerful actor who insists that all the talents of the makeup and costume departments be used to make him as beautiful as possible. The director has no choice but to roll with that.
- The fact that Barbara is really Bob is meant to be kept a secret from the audience, so Barbara is played by a real (and good-looking) woman, and replaced by Bob's actor when the reveal comes.
- Lampshaded: "Wow, your lack of a Y chromosome makes me hot for you!"
- Invoked: Bob adjusts the gun to make his female form have the large breasts and wide hips
- Defied: Bob knows that he is beautiful when dressed as Barbara, but dislikes the consequences and/or implications of Barbara's beauty. He purposely sabotages Barbara's look by dressing plainly, wearing no makeup or poorly-chosen makeup, acting stereotypically "masculine" while dressed as Barbara, etc.
- Discussed: "Oh, man, I've Seen It a Million Times. I know it seems preposterous, but you put on this dress, and you're gonna be hot."
- Conversed: "You ever notice how when a guy in a movie gets turned into a girl, she's always totally hot even if the guy wasn't?"
- Played For Laughs: The person that leads Barbara's fan club is The Rival to Bob, or a Homophobe, or both.
- Played For Drama: Bob becomes popular as Barbara and a finalist in a beauty pageant that will win him a valuable prize. Can he accept these benefits that were gained under false pretenses?
Hey, pretty lady! Let's get comfortable at Attractive Bent Gender!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.