|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Attack of Giygas is a story made by Hyper Inuyasha, who is a Troper here known as Lord Hyper. Despite what you think, it's actually a Super Smash Brothers fic. Towards the end of the Brawl tournament, the cosmic evil known as Giygas shows up, along with a bunch of new minions. The story follows Fox, Pikachu, and Meta Knight as they travel across the Nintendo dimension, learning Giygas' evil plans and their attempts to stop him.
The author is known to be lazy. This is a bad thing, as Giygas uses this to his advantage.
The story could be found here.
Tropes that appear in this story:
- Ambiguously Gay: Vaati
- Adam Smith Hates Your Guts: Merlon forces people to pay for his assistance.
- Affably Evil: Ridley and Jeff
- Ax Crazy: Everyone that's not evil who breathes in the Giygas' gas.
- Dr. Mario. Ashley too, but she tends to deny it.
- Berserk Button: Ness didn't take too kindly to Pikachu being cuddled by Paula.
- Body Horror: Porky has spider legs inside his back so he can carry himself.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Link and Lucas
- Break the Cutie: Lucas
- Butt Monkey: Fox and Lucas. Fox is a more hilarious example though. Lucas? Not so much.
- King Boo is also one, being unappreciated and seen as The Load.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Starting from the Wario Ware arc, the story gets more darker and dramatic. Still has traces of crack comedy though.
- Cheerful Child: Kirby. Lucas pretends to be one and ends up being a Creepy Child instead.
- Cloudcuckoolander: A good amount of the characters.
- Crack Fic: Started out this way until a coherent plot was made.
- Determinator: The squirrels continue to chase after the heroes, even after getting eaten by Kraid.
- Did Not Do the Research: The author occasionally forgets details. Including some from his own story. Which has the poetenial to break internal logic.
- He also has no idea how physics or science works. But with all of the lampshade hanging, it's probably intentional.
- Enfant Terrible: Ashley, Porky, Lucas
- Enemy Mine: Various monsters ignore the heroes to pursue Jeff, who called Nintendo uncool.
- Everythings Nuttier With Squirrels: A bunch of squirrels chase after our trio, as they blame them for setting fire to their home from an earlier story. The leader is named Sheldon (but is named Not Sheldon for duration of story), a smart one is named Jefferson, and the space obsessed one is named Andrew.
- Face Doodling: Ridley and King Boo do this on Giygas' body while his consciousness was off in the F-Zero universe.
- Face Heel Turn: Link and Lucas
- Genius Ditz: Fox is an idiot in this story, but he's pretty good at piloting and driving.
- Giant Space Flea From Nowhere: The Blooper in Toad Town Sewers
- Heroic Sacrifice: ROB fights off Giygas while Falco and Jigglypuff escapes.
- Jerkass: Pikachu and all of the villains that isn't odd.
- Killed Off for Real: ROB, Red the Pokemon Trainer
- Knife Nut: Ashley loves to stab Lucas.
- Laughably Evil: King Boo. Just... King Boo.
- The Load: King Boo is called worthless by Giygas (he did get beaten by Luigi after all), and the only thing keeping him alive is the delivery of cupcakes. Ironically, he gets more secrets than anyone else.
- Mad Doctor: Dr. Mario
- My Greatest Failure: Meta Knight is still feeling bad about the whole Meta Knight's Revenge thing.
- No Fourth Wall: The characters occasionally berate the author for a number of things, and unlike his earlier stories, he doesn't punish them for this. As a result of the author's laziness, Plot Holes have formed itself into the story. Literally.
- Further solidified when Giygas order Ridley to kill Hyper's dad to make him a depressed wreck; which changes his mood and the story to the villains advantage.
- Only Sane Man: Mewtwo is this in a group of psychotic Melee characters. Falco is one in the group of Smashers captured by Giygas.
- Plot Holes: Has literally manifested itself into the story. Giygas plans to use these to conquer worlds faster.
- Shout-Out: The squirrel Andrew is is rather obsessed with space.
- The author makes various references to Homestuck.
- Spin-Off: A 100 Themes story.