The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The Time Warp plays whenever the continuity of a comic is all over the place.
- In his Let's Play of Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, to Spoony ("You're in my way, sir!") and SF Debris ("the magic meeting room").
- He references this wiki relatively frequently, occasionally in Easter Eggs and non sequitur gags.
- Apparently, Spider-Man, Storm, and Cage gives Linkara BROOKLYN RAGE! (Yay, rhyming!)
- He makes the occasional "I'm Batman... and I can breathe in space" joke and uses the famous "Whoreswhoreswhorewhores" page during the first Miller Time segment.
- whoreswhoreswhoreswhoreswhoreswhoreswhoreswhoreswhores prostitutes
- In his Pitt #1 review he does montages of great quotes from cop movies and TV shows including Dirty Harry and others, the first ending with "I was frozen today!," (a Shout-Out to The Nostalgia Critic) and the second ending with a blatant version of Horatio Caine's Quip to Black one liners from CSI: Miami, complete with the trappings from CSI: Dramatic Pause, sunglasses pull, and the show's intro! YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
- In the "Alt Endings" of Silent Hill: Dying Inside, in a section which is itself a Shout-Out to Spoony's review of Phantasmagoria 2, Pollo tells Linkara "Nine, This is nine. All your friends are dead. The disease will infect us all. Five, this is five...
- "Bored now."
- He is also aware of the existence of sesium-francolithic-mixi-alibidium-rixy-dixy-doxy-dexi-droxide.
- In his video for Amazons Attack #5 and #6 he underscores one of (allegedly) Evil Genius Circe's hammy info dumps with a piece of music meant for a certain other scheming nutjob. One of the alternate-universe Insanos pulls out a Tennant-era sonic screwdriver and shoots another Insano with it in the Warrior 2 and 3 review. Linkara had Mechakara also quoted the Dalek emperor "this is not of my design," has used Doctor Who music in other places, showing K9 on screen and talked about stealing the TARDIS in his homage to Ask That Guy With The Glasses.
- In a crossover/duel review of The Spirit with Film Brain, Film Brain not only locks the door with a sonic screwdriver but at the end Linkara delivers the Eleventh Doctor's Badass Boast from Time of the Angels almost verbatim.
- Linkara occasionally will impersonate Tommy Wiseau and greet someone with an "Oh hai". In the Warrior # 2-3 review, one of the mirror universes was one where both Linkara and Insano acted like Wiseau.
- Iron Liz has two scimitars named Twinkle and Icingdeath.
- In the "Previously On..." segment of the 'Action Comics #593' episode, a female Dr. Insano (played by Obscurus Lupa) threatens Linkara with the Tenth Doctor's sonic screwdriver. Linkara rises to the challenge by pulling out Eleven's.
- Linkara, in character as Quicksilver complains to his father that he wanted a Turboman doll, referencing Jingle All the Way.
- On at least two instances (Silent Hill: Dying Inside, NFL Superpro), he compared characters that have a tendency to swear excessively to The Angry Video Game Nerd.
- In part one of his review of Countdown to Final Crisis, he used the phrase "because the plot says so!"
- The title card for Countdown Part 1 looks like a Road Runner cartoon, complete with the pseudo-Latin species names for him.
- The title card for the Top 15 Screw-Ups is modeled on Peachi's Persona 4 parody comic (specifically, Chie preparing to unleash the Trial of the Dragon on Yosuke).
- The control console Pollo fitted to Neutro is an NES Advantage a la Ghostbusters 2.
- Linkara has a very Doctor Who style Eureka Moment about how to defeat Lord Vyce.
- "Oh my God!! What's wrong with your faaaace?!"
- From Chain Gang War #1, which was part of the "Linkara Lost" arc: "If you're watching this, it means either I'm missing or I'm dead.
- A stealthy shout-out to Dr. McNinja in his ASBAR review when he sees the Irish Black Canary kicking the crap out of people. "Do the Irish have hidden ninja skills I'm not aware of?"
- When a comic has an someone saying "You Fool!", Linkara has taken to showing a scene from Spoony's Let's Play of SWAT 4, right when a flash grenade thrown by his own teammate blows up in his face (followed by Spoony shouting, "GAAAAAAAAAAAH! YOU FOOL!")
- In Sultry Teenage Super Foxes #2, he mentions, while pretending to be the titular team's liaison, that they could easily "roast me, toast me, and burn me to a crisp."
- His title card artist is a fan of the Persona series so when doing the screw-ups of Atop the Fourth Wall...TRIAL OF THE DOUCHY MCNICKPICK!!
- The Bigger Bad Eldritch Abomination known as "The Entity" was heralded by a creepy poem that sounds extremely similar to the Ironic Nursery Rhyme from Zagreus. There is no way this is a coincidence...
- Yep, it isn't a coincidence. Linkara admitted that it was deliberate in a commentary.
- And, in the Planet of the Symbiotes review, the Entity is revealed to be The Missingno from Pokémon Red and Blue (The above-mentioned poem even makes sense in retrospect!)
- The Running Gag that he uses for particularly spectacular cases of Insane Troll Logic is a clip of a Cyberman saying, "There is logic in what he says".
- Linkara's reaction to being made a giant by the Magic Coin is...well...it should sound familiar.
- When Batman notices gloves "humming with the promise of power", Linkara says in his Batman voice, "I love the Power Glove. It's so bad."
- In his recent Game Boy review, he makes a joke about the two kids being the first Digidestineds and the Game Boy is their Digivice.
- During the Rise of Arsenal review, he refers to Lian as a Zombie Goast and explicitly references Half Life: Full Life Consequences.
- The Star Trek #2 review is one from start to finish, particularly to the Original Series episode "Mirror, Mirror", with Iron Liz being apparently swapped with her counterpart from a universe where, among other differences, Mirror Universe Linkara has an Evil Goatee, likes Rob Liefeld, and finds Crazy Steve's "goddamn Batman" line "genius" (and Dr. Insano is a Large Ham Man in White Champion of Science). The Mirror Universe opening credits even use the music from "In A Mirror, Darkly" (with a similar theme.
- One of the Entity's messages is "I'm not that thin."
- After multiple shout outs to SF Debris, Linkara eventually stated in a Q&A with his fans that SF inspired him to focus more on thoughtful critique in his review style.
- In his Dr. Doom's Revenge review: "Verily, this show about ponies is quite entertaining!"
- The beginning and ending segments of his The Invincible Four of Kung Fu & Ninja #1 review are a Shout-Out to another (although in this case, purposefully so) terrible ninja story.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.