|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Atelier Totori is the second Atelier game set in Arland. It stars Totori Helmold, the first and, so far, only student of Rorona from Atelier Rorona. The story revolves around her attempts to become a great adventurer to find out the truth behind her mother's disappearance 10 years ago.
Released in 2010 in Japan and late 2011 in the West, Atelier Totori is a direct sequel to Atelier Rorona and plays very similarly, with some noticeable improvements to the interface, balance and general design. It also possesses a somewhat more adventurous story than is typical for a main series Atelier game, with a clear and serious goal from the start and several climactic plot-central battles.
The game provides examples of:
- Alchemy Is Magic: Marc thinks Alchemy is like this, Totori insists that Alchemy is nothing like magic.
- Bag of Holding: Totori can carry all the components of a ship in her basket and still have room for puniballs!
- Bag of Sharing: Averted with the party members, you only have access to those who are currently in your party. Justified between Totori's and Rorona's shops. Rorona is a master alchemist and set them up.
- Big Damn Heroes: Totori jumps in to save Ceci and Melvia at the last second, but if the player is unprepared she may end up in the exact same situation.
- Cooking Duel: Iksel just won't give up.
- Death Is Cheap: Whenever the party is wiped out, they just go back to the last Atelier visited. Of course, the return adds a lot of days to the calendar, and even then every character is at 1 HP and will require more days to recover. If you're really far out there, you may wish you just died.
- Determinator: Totori might be the weakest main character in the series, but she won't give up and has the most LP of all characters.
- Downloadable Content: Adds Ceci, Iksel and Cordelia as playable party members.
- Evil Costume Switch: Averted, sterk might look more intimidating but he's still a nice guy, now he looks even scarier he makes kids cry.
- Evil Tower of Ominousness: Liechtein Soehnle, it holds a monster who is more than willing to gobble up a village or two every time he breaks out.
- Fetch Quest: How you get all of your money.
- Final Boss: The Flauschtraut, a sea monster which has blocked sea travel between Arland's continent and the rest of the world.
- True Final Boss: HUGE SPOILER Evil Face, the demon that killed Totori's mother. Though Gisela did manage to cripple said demon and prevent it from demanding sacrifices, and years later, would allow Totori to finish the job.
- Hair Decorations: It is easier to name the girls that don't have some sort of hair decoration.
- Immortal Life Is Cheap: To enter the tower you need a human sacrifice, thanks god Pamela is already dead.
- Improbable Weapon User: Averted with the standard characters, all of whom use typical RPG weapons (though Marc's Rocket Punch machine is a little strange). However, the DLC will allow you to fight with Iksel, who uses a frying pan, and Ceci, who uses a broom.
- Item Caddy: Totori and Rorona's main use in battle.
- Les Yay: Commented on in game by Filly.
- Missing Mom: The entire reason Totori goes on her quest.
- Multiple Endings: As with it's predecessor and previous Atelier games, there are multiple endings depending on what you accomplish in the game, and your relationships with the other characters.
- Naughty Tentacles: The CG that you get when you catch the Guardian. Which attacks both Totori and STERK.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Totori, Rorona and Sterk are almost always called by their nicknames as opposed to their real first names
- Panty Shot: Mel constantly has them. Totori doesn't have them normally, but there is one when the Guardian CG is displayed.
- Actually, if the artbook is anything to go buy, her shirt is some form of leotard, so this may not really count.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Both Totori and Gino are Eureka and Renton.
- Sidequest: The game is nothing but side quests until you get your license extended.
- Spit Take: Sterk's reaction at Totori's question regarding "teacher's teacher" (which is, Astrid).
- Teleporters and Transporters: Totori eventually gains the ability to to make an item that will teleport her back to either alchemy shop.
- Time Management Game
- Yuri Fan: A canon one in Filly.