The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
There are several, several, SEVERAL of these in this game. Just to give out a mere few examples of them:
- Asura's heavy attack is the Spinning Lariat.
- Also Asura looks similar to Akuma.
- Also Augus's blade is one to Gin Ichimaru, due to having extendable properties (Though taken Up to Eleven) and Ichigo's own Sword beam attack. He also resembles Jinpachi Mishima.
- When the game directors get to the part where you have a Pummel Duel between Asura and Augus, they yell out ORAORAORAORA! The Pummel Duel itself looks a lot like the ones made from Platinum Games, taken Up to Eleven. It even has Cross Counter's like in MadWorld.
- Wyzen calling Asura a mere monkey is probably one of these to Freiza, who loved calling the saiyans this. Kalrow also calls him this as well.
- It also references Journey to the West, and Asura's status as an apparently indestructible death machine is like Son Goku. He even spends a five century tenure beneath a mountain.
- Many fans say the first stage has some similarities to Gunbuster and Die Buster, as the gohma carriers and gohma lashers look like the Space Monsters from that series.
- One of Asura's later forms where he glows completely red and his four extra arms become gigantic limbs is possibly one of these to V2 Jinchuriki forms from Naruto. It helps that Cyber Connect 2 makes the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Series.
- Not to mention that the cause of this form is the death of a girl before his eyes. After the village was reduced to a crater by a massive Death From Above attack. Add to that the reddish black energy colon and a beam not unlike the Bijū Dama, and the entire scene is remeniscent of Konoha's destruction by Pain followed by Naruto's transformation.
- Likewise, the clash between Wrath Asura and Yasha in chapter 15 is a reference to Naruto and Sasuke's clash at the valley of the end.
- Wrath Asura feels like Guts possessed by the Black Beast in his Berserker Armor.
- The mindlessness of the form as well as well as not really being all that effective against the main rival might bring to mind of Haseo's B-ST form from the .hack GU Games movie.
- Vlitra's core looks suspiciously like six tails Naruto, an observant eye may notice that his attack are actually the same model and animation as that of six tails from Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.
- The end of the first set of episodes is a scene where Asura is falling down in darkness as blue lights fly upwards. This is a scene very similar to the Game Over screen of Silent Bomber, the second Cyber Connect 2 video game.
- Amaterasu from Okami makes a cameo in two of the illustrated interludes between Episodes.
- The PAX mecha from the first Lost Planet can be found in the interlude for episode 1.
- Yasha and Suzaku share many similarities.
- He's also basically a Char Clone, right down to the stoicism and being asura's brother in law like how Char is Amuro ray's brother in law.
- The Kagebosh mooks have a move where they stretch their arms similar to Dalshim
- One person noticed that Durga looks a lot like Mind Controlled Chun-li when she has her hair down from the Street Fighter II Anime.
- In episode 15, along with the clash, the soundtrack used in the first part of the battle between Yasha and Wrath Asura, Bonds might sound familiar to He who Howls and Rages from Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. Not only did Chikayo Fukuda compose both soundtracks, and Cyber Connect 2 made both games, but Bonds is even played during a fight in a wastelandish area similarly to He Who Howls and Rages.
- Deus's fashion sense (Wearing all white with formal attire for pants and shoes) is very similar to The man in white, Fortinbras. His cape is similar to Shin.
- The main ships used by the Seven Deities are known as Septentrion.
- Yasha Rider Kicks the Karma Fortress. It helps he wears a mask just like a Kamen Rider would.
- In the DLC trailer we see the head of the Brahmastra falling to earth incredibly similar to a scene from End of Evangelion.
- Asura having a giant arm coming out of one his stumps in episode 11.5 is similar to the way stuff comes out of Naota's forehead in FLCL. It helps that the director of the episode was a key animation director for the series. The arm itself also acts like a giant glowing vector from Elfen Lied and it often expands in size similar to Akimichi Chouji. The arm also eventually becomes uncontrollable by Asura a lot like Tetsuo from Akira not being able to stop mutating and explodes just like the final scene from the movie version of Akira.
- The Tower in Naraka that Asura is shown climbing on twice looks very similar to Korin's Tower, and Naraka with all the yellow clouds looks a lot like the otherworld from the same series.
- Asura crushing Kalrow in his escape pod is similar to how Broly from Dragon Ball killed his Father, Paragus.
- Physically, Asura looks a lot like Elfman, and even shares the same voice.
- During the final fight with Deus, Asura uses what looks like Killer Bee and A's Lariat move to knock him away.
- Akuma and Dan also make an appearance in one of the DLC episode interludes, as does Chun Li. One of the images is also an exact copy of the iconic Street Fighter II intro.
- Yasha Implanting the Karma Fortress Mantra Reactor into Asura is similar to the Arc Reactor surgery done in Iron Man.
- The entirety of episode 22 can be seen a massive Shout-Out to the final battle in Gurren Lagann. More specificly Lagann Hen.
- The way the first half of the battle plays out is VERY similar to the first phase of the Cubia boss in .hack GU, and Asura's Destructor form even has wing fins that look similar to Haseo's. There's also a lot of similarities to series like Gunbuster/Diebuster, as well as Heroic Age seen throughout the battle.
- Monolith Like structures pop up in the Last phase of the final boss fight in ep 22.
- Chakravartin's Creator form stops Mantra Asura's Punch with one finger like how Aizen stops Ichigo's bankai slash with one finger in Bleach.
- His Creator form utilizes a massive energy ball ala Dragonball Z as an attack, a Slash wave similar to The Reppuken, and has a Gate of Babylon/Unlimited Blade Works styled sword spam ala Fate/stay night and has a time stop move where the swords stab at you in midair at you during said time stop ala Dio Brando or Sakuya Izayoi.
- The atmosphere and stage of the Chakravartin the Creator fight is similar to the final Xemnas fight from Kingdom Hearts II. The music, another remix of In Your Belief, is composed similarly to Kingdom Hearts music as well.
- The final fist fight is very similar to the The Fist fight Simon and the Anti-spiral have in Gurren Lagann: Lagann-hen.
- The White Void Room being made as a result of Chakratarvin The Creator could be a reference to the White Void Room from .hack GU called the Creator Room.
- Asura sacrificing his own life to save the planet from it's suffering caused by Chakravartin by disappearing into light is very similar to Madoka's own sacrifice from Madoka Magica.
- Asura and Yasha have a rivalry similar to either Naruto and Sasuke or Kazuma and Ryuhou (Asura even does the bullet punch attack motion Kazuma does), and their styles of fighting (Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs for Asura and Clean Cut based slash attacks for Yasha) resemble Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken, respectively.
- In the Episode 22 ending, Mithra resembles Maya Fey in appearance.
- In the Lost Episode 1, Asura tends to do a lot of parrying ala Street Fighter III depending on how quick your reaction time is. He also uses a Kinniku Buster to Evil Ryu's groin.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.