|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Ezio: "I cannot seem to leave my past behind me. I started this act of my life so late Sofia. I knew I would not have time to do everything. Now I worry I don't have enough time to do anything."
Assassin's Creed: Embers is an animated short by Ubiworkshop set in the Assassin's Creed universe. It details the final days of legendary Master Assassin Ezio Auditore.
After the events of Revelations Ezio retired from his former life to live in peace and raise a family with Sofia. Age has finally caught up to the former assassin and he feels his time on this world grows short. His life takes a turn for the less mundane when it is interrupted by the sudden arrival of a female Assassin. The young Shao Jun desires his guidance on how best to lead and rebuild her order in China. However Ezio wants nothing to do with the lifestyle he put behind him.
- Action Girl: Shao Jun
- Adult Fear: Ezio telling his daughter Flavia to stay where he can see her, then seeing her take Shao Jun's (who is then still a complete stranger) hand and walking away with her. He doesn't react well.
- The Apprentice: Before the events of Embers, Jun was this to her mentor before he was killed and now seeks Ezio's guidance to rebuild her order.
- Badass Grandpa / Cool Old Guy: Even with his best years behind him Ezio is still able to hold his own against men a fraction of his age.
- Book Ends: Ezio began his life as an Assassin when his family was executed and in this epilogue of his story dies in the exact same plaza.
- Black Cloak: Shao Jun wears one, even during the day.
- Born Into Slavery: Shao Jun reveals her mentor saved her from this life after she was born into being one of the Emperors concubines. The Emperor also had the tendency to slowly torture his concubines to death.
- Cool Sword: Jun's weapon of choice, a jian.
- Go Out with a Smile: Ezio dies in his home city watching his beloved and daughter happily go about their shopping near-by with a broad smile on his face.
- Grumpy Old Man: Ezio is initially like this towards Jun.
- Hero of Another Story: Shao Jun.
- Incurable Cough of Death: The elderly Ezio suffers from this.
- Informed Flaw: Invoked in the house fight to keep Ezio awesome but vulnerable; Ezio murders three guys with a goddamned fire poker, but promptly follows up his awesome flip-throw move by grabbing his back and gasping a little.
- Improvised Weapon: Few but an Assassin could wield a poker with such deadly effect.
- The Last Dance: Embers refers to Ezio's "fire" burning one last time before it goes out for good.
- Living Legend: Ezio has become this among his fellow Assassins despite his retirement.
- The Mentor: The reason why Shao Jun sought out Ezio. He has guided two branches of the order to prosperity and glory against their enemies. Ezio eventually accepts this role in the end, passing on his words of wisdom.
- Passing the Torch
- The Purge: Jiajing managed to kill or drive out most of the Chinese Assassins.
- Soft Glass: Played straight when an elderly Ezio dives through a window to escape attackers.
- Young and In Charge: Shao Jun intends to rebuild and lead the order in China, despite being only nineteen.