|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
|This page needs some cleaning up to be presentable.|
This page about an online work does not have a link to the work.
Asperchu is a parody webcomic based upon Sonichu, and to a lesser extent the exploits of Sonichu's author, Christian Weston Chandler. The comic differs significantly from its source material in its portrayal of the original characters from Sonichu. In order to gain a better understanding of it, one may need to both read the web comic itself and explore its background material. It ran from March 2010 to September 2012, when it abruptly stopped.
As this page might invite this sort of thing, it might be worthwhile to say that this wiki is not the place to bash CWC. There is an entire other wiki for that.
Compare with A Girl Who Brought Down the World, another work of fiction inspired by Christian Weston Chandler.
Asperchu can be found here. Happy reading.
- Abusive Parents: Asperchu is a neglectful parent to his daughter.
- Affably Evil: Sinestro wants power, of course, and has done some punctual horrible things ( Noir Chu's origin, the Asperchu clones in his basement) but he is almost harmless when compared to other villains.
- All There in the Manual: The reader may not understand some references if he/she is not familiar with the personal life of Christian Weston Chandler.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Sonichu's replacement arm switches places with his real arm here.
- Anyone Can Die: Spoofed when Metal Asperchu attacks the Pickles' Farm but Jivin and his father only get a black eye and a sprained ankle respectively. Just who were those two skeletons near the door, again???
- Asperger's Syndrome: It is featured inside Asperchu, as may be indicated by the title of this webcomic.
- Attempted Rape: Asperchu is almost raped by Poliwrath in Issue #F.
- Badass Grandpa: Alzheichu. Manly Tears have been shed.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Sonichu. Dear God, Sonichu.
- Big No: Asperchu, after finding Asperia dead.
- Black Best Friend: Jivin.
- Black Dude Dies First: Lampshaded aversion.
- Break the Cutie: Sonichu went through a pretty big one after Mitch's death and finding out that Ian was actually his father.
- Bury Your Gays: Wild, Magi-Chan, Mitch and Naitsirhc have all kicked the bucket. Simonchu (bisexual) is alive for the moment.
- Butch Lesbian: Megagi La Skunk
- Calling the Old Man Out: This appears to be Bionic's goal with Chris-chan.
- Calling Your Attacks: Giovanni, upset over the death of his son, after capturing him with some pokemon, narrates his attacks on the now murderous Sonichu.
"And now... Giovanni will use clothes iron. OH LOOK!! IT'S SUPER-EFFECTIVE!!!"
- Camp Gay: Mitch Chu. It's actually a fairly toned-down example, but the guy doesn't quite talk like a normal person (gay or otherwise).
- Canon Immigrant: Mitch and Whispy, who were originally created by Chris Chan to serve as the "Canon" versions of Asperchu's characters.
- Captain Ersatz:
- Casanova Wannabe: Asperchu.
- Chekhov's Gun: The disc that Sinestro gave to Larry D. Waltz in exchange for DeShaunn.
- The Chessmaster: Bionic.
- Christianity Is Catholic: Clearly not believed by Kendra, and thoroughly avoided in the duel between John (who is a Baptist) and Asperchu (who's just...himself)
- Cross Counter: Sonichu and Wesli, here.
- Crucified Hero Shot: Mitch was crippled, nailed to the wall and executed by Bionic, simply for getting in the way.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: It happens.
- Disproportionate Retribution:
- Bionic's reason for killing Robotnik and numerous civilians in the McDonald's? Years ago, Robotnik wouldn't give a mute, crippled Bionic a job doing stuff that would require him to move around and talk to people.
- Alternatively, Bionic was pointing at the "help wanted" sign because he really needed help and couldn't talk at the time, and Robotnik just ignored him and/or kicked him out of the place.
- The Ditz: Asperchu
- The Dog Bites Back: Mild example in Metal Asperchu, who calls out both Sinestro and Bionic in pursue of his own agenda. Done STRAIGHT when crazy Bionic and Sonichu torture, mutilate and kill their creator, Ian Brandon Anderson.
- Evil Cripple: Bionic was already emotionally imbalanced before he lost three of his limbs, an eye, and his vocal chords. But it didn't exactly help.
- Evil Knockoff: Metal Asperchu
- Evil Twin: Apparently averted by Noir Chu, in that he finds his true calling helping others at the ALBville Soup Hotel.
- Face Palm: Done by Lisa, and also a great many people who converse with Asperchu.
- Flanderization: As mentioned above, Asperchu initially started out as being a bumbling but well meaning protagonist, but has devolved into a self centered jerk who whines when he's told to do anything he doesn't want to, and is prone to start playing his portable game system in the middle of a conversation with someone else.
- The Fundamentalist: John, the Born-Again Baptist that finds Asperchu's videos abhorrent to GodJesus and challenges Asperchu to prove his Christianity. He later conspires with the comic's Big Bads to resurrect his girlfriend and seek revenge on Asperchu.
- Genre Savvy: Magi-Chan. He still gets killed anyway.
- Gone Horribly Right: Metal Asperchu. All the other Asperchu clones were absolute crap, but this is so good his creator Sinestro can't even count it as a success as he calls him out soon and repeatedly in pursue of his (own) mission.
- Good Feels Good: Noir Chu realises this and does a Heel Face Turn after working at a homeless shelter briefly.
- Groin Attack: From Jonas Chu to Asperchu.
- Heel Face Turn: Poliwrath, after reading "Word of Asperchoso".
- Heroic Sacrifice: Alzheichu.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Asperchu and his "Joy-Boys."
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Bionic clearly has goals, but whatever they are he's not telling.
- Homage:To Star Wars when Asperchu arrives at the Pickles' farm. Also Bionic's castle resembles Dr Wily's castle.
- Jerkass: Asperchu
- Kamehame Hadoken: Asperchu's Asper-Ha-Me-ha and Jesus-Ha-Me-Ha. And now the Wes-Li-Ha-Me...
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Actually subverted when Sonichu tears into Ian. Noir ends up begging him to stop.
- Killed Off for Real: Wild, Angelica and Punchy. Punchy, however, is seemingly replaced by his mentally handicapped cousin, Whispy, who looks just like him, sans for a pair of blue shorts.
- Knight of Cerebus: Metal Asperchu. Ever since his introduction, he managed to kill Wild, Angelica and Punchy, blow up Robotnik along with the Burger King he works at and, most recently, disarmed Sonichu. Literally. Bionic the Hedgehog probably counts too.
- The Load: Bubbles in the Chaotic Combo ("she just hangs on") and Asperchu in the mission to capture Ian Brandon Anderson.
- Mega Manning: Done by Max.
- Mook Horror Show: Issue 5e is pretty much this.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Sonichu breaks down upon realizing that in his insanity he killed Ian Brandon Anderson.
- Pals With GodJesus Asperchu believes he's this. Gumby, on the other hand, actually is this.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Heaven disguising as Lisa fooled Asperchu. Even when her wig fell off, Asperchu thought Lisa wore a wig and was a natural ginger. This frustrated Lisa so much she walked up to him and asked how could he not realize the differences. Asperchu thought there were two Lisas.
- Prison Rape: Subverted--It's at first quite strongly suggested that Asperchu was on the recieving end, but eventually, it's revealed to have just been a merciless pink-belly. The jail warden was still just as pissed, though.
- Remember the New Guy?: Mercilessly parodied.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Sonichu's search for Ian was this, as it lead to the deaths of many within the 4-Cent Garbage Building.
- Stable Time Loop: Oopsie-daisies.
- Ruritania: Asperchu and Jivin go to Molvania in Issue 6.
- Scaled Up: Slaweel turns into a dragon to fight Sonichu.
- Shout-Out: The Pink Ranger's Pterodactyl transports Asperchu, Jivin, and Julie to the PLFC's Molvanian headquarters.
- Small Name, Big Ego: This begins to seep into the portrayal of Asperchu.
- Start of Darkness: Sonichu, after finding out that Ian is his biological father.
- Straight Man: Max for Asperchu and Jivin.
- Stylistic Suck: The art style of the comic is of a sub-par quality. The relation between this and the comic from which Asperchu is derived is up to debate.
- Supporting Protagonist: Asperchu is this in the webcomic.
- Take That: Some facets of Christian Weston Chandler's life are subject to criticism by this comic.
- Took a Level in Badass: Break the Cutie or not, as of Issue 5E Sonichu has had his arm cut off, shot Ian with a rifle WHILE HE ONLY HAD ONE HAND, thrown Naitsirhc off the side of the 4_cent-garbage building, and wipes out an entire room of Jerkops off-screen. Not too shabby, really.able cases were probably the ALB ville Soup Hotel kicking him out for eating food for the needy and Dixie giving him a Groin Attack.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Asperchu gets called out often on his rather questionable actions.
- Wimp Fight: * Slap* * Thud*
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Poor Bionic, who was neglected by Ian and then permanently crippled.
- Wretched Hive: Cwcville. Once a pleasant and beautiful paradise, it was changed when Ian Brandon Anderson and the Sonichu Nazis invaded the city, who wrecked the environment with massively polluting soda bottling plants and sent all the women to work in brothels.
- Xanatos Gambit: This may have be Bionic's plan the whole time: by having Sonichu learn the truth of his parentage, the rage-filled (and now unstable) hedgehog was turned loose and Ian, leading to Ian's death.
- Yandere: Bionic the Hedgehog turned out to be one of these in the 1999 arc, obsessed with earning Chris's love.