|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Quack! Quack! Quack!
—Many a mallard
Injuries or illnesses requiring medical attention are a ubiquitous feature of fiction. With very few exceptions, even those who write medical dramas are not doctors themselves. Many have real doctors as consultants, but even with that there are still things that would never happen in real life that make it into a show to preserve Rule of Drama.
This kind of failure in the media can be especially dangerous if presented as accurate through medical series, leading to well-meaning bystanders causing more harm than anything else. When in doubt, call the professionals.
- AB Negative
- CPR: Clean, Pretty, Reliable
- Easy Sex Change
- Grey's Anatomy Emergency Medical Response
- Instant Drama Just Add Tracheotomy
- Instant Emergency Response
- Instant Sedation
- Kiss of Life
- Lethal Diagnosis
- Magical Antibiotics
- Magical Defibrillator
- Select Stitch At The Survival Menu
- Shot to the Heart
- Suck Out the Poison
- Surgeons Can Do Autopsies If They Want
- Tap on the Head
- Televisually-Transmitted Disease
- We Have to Get the Bullet Out
- Worst Aid