|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Artemis Fowl Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by User:Redazrael
- Synopsis: Being friends with Artemis, Foaly had said, would be like being friends with a viper. It was not an inapt analogy. After the events of The Time Paradox, Holly and Artemis have a discussion.
- Warnings: Suggestive of Holly/Artemis, but only in reference to the canon events of The Time Paradox itself. Otherwise Gen Fic.
- Recommended by User:Bon Us
- Synopsis: Years after having his memory wiped by the LEP after the incident at Spiro Industries, Artemis Fowl, now twenty-six and a successful businessman, receives an unexpected visit from one Commander Holly Short. More shocking than her appearance, however, is the news she bears, regarding the kidnapping of Artemis' son: a son of whom he had not known...
- Recommended by: Maddyfae
- Synopsis: Artemis and Holly have accidentally created a time paradox, changing the events of the last eight years. Now the two are thrown into a bleak world where Haven has fallen, and inter-species war has begun. Who can they trust? What can they save?
- Recommended by: User:tenoreyequetis, User:USA Bobcat
- Sypnosis:"Artemis Fowl had retired half a dozen counselors from St. Barleby's already this year." Here's how. Six chapters, one for each psychologist losin' it.'
- An hilarious and brilliant fill-in-the-blanks fic, intelligent and in character the whole way through. This is the first fic I've read where Artemis is actually as smart as he claims to be in the books. Ends with Dr. Po taking office.
- User:USA Bobcat: Amazing, absolutely amazing. Every single thing is perfect. The characterization is spot on, and really makes you feel for the psychologists, and certainly laugh at more than a few of them. It even manages to capture Colfer's narrative style.
- Recommended by @/Dellanotte
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: "Not a crossover, but based on the Rules From NCIS. What if Artemis and Co. had their own list? A oneshot to go along with each rule."
- Recommended by Baron Carmine
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: The psychiatrist spoke. "You might as well help yourself to a book, as it is your time that we're wasting." "You don't consider this a waste of your time?" Artemis enquired. "Oh no," the psychiatrist replied offhand. "I'm getting paid."
- An excellent fic, focusing on counselling sessions between Artemis and a psychiatrist. The whole story would probably seem like one of Colfer's to those who are unfamiliar with the series. Ten chapters in total; a fun read and you'll be quite satisfied with it.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by User:tenoreyequetis
- Sypnosis: A set of thirty drabbles, mostly humorous anecdotes encompassing the span of events throughout the whole series. While not all of them are focussed on the romance, there is enough of an undertone for this to classify as a shipping fic. The romantic chapters are nuanced and subtle about it. Most of them are also quite hilarious, some are sad and all of them are inventive.
- Pairing(s): Artemis/Holly
- Recommended by templar627
- Sypnosis : Four terrifying words: "You are the father." When the last person in the LEP that ANYONE thought would ever hear those words finds himself having to face up to a new responsibility...will he rise to it or fall? And what must he lose to get what he wants?
- Comments : This story doesn't seem like it would work out but at the end it becomes a great story that shows how Grub grows through out trial of fatherhood.
- Pairing: Grub K./ Vinyáya
- Recommended by User:No Neimus
- Status: Ongoing
- Sypnosis: In the midst of a dangerous mission to the past is probably not the best time to fall for your manipulative, former-criminal-mastermind partner. For Holly Short, it was just another nuisance to add to an already unending list of trials.
- Comments: Basically, The Time Paradox from Holly's POV and her thoughts/feelings about the whole Time-Travel-Lemur-Saving-Teenage-Body experience during this very experience. Manages to both keep characters, well, in character and fill the gaps left in the original book.
- Pairing(s): Artemis/Holly
- Artemis and the Hogwarts Incident by Singer La chanteuse
- Recommended by The Warrior of Many Faces.
- Synopsis: Artemis, after having gained magic from the events of The Lost Colony, is recruited at Hogwarts. Meanwhile, he begins to enact one of his Plans...yes, it deserves a capital letter.
- Comments: Stands out from the usual Artemis-at-Hogwarts fic because, as noted, Artemis has a Plan. Unfortunately, as the fic appears to have gone dormant or died, the exact details of the Plan remain unknown. Also notable for a reimagining of Slytherin House, the beginnings of an intellectual struggle between Hermione and Artemis, and remarkable, though imperfect, grasp of character. Most of the characters do seem like themselves; Doodah might be somewhat out of character, however.