|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Apaches is a 1977 public information film made in the United Kingdom. Intended to show the dangers of playing with farm equipment, this film was distributed to a number of schools throughout the United Kingdom.
It focuses on six children who pretend to be Apaches (the American Indian tribe) in their make-believe. They play their games on a farm where, one by one, they fall victim to fatal accidents. After that, they continue as if nothing happened, until only one is left.
Tropes featured in the film:
- Adult Fear - Pure 100% Concentrated This.
- Deer in the Headlights - Danny's (the narrator) expression every time one of his friends is killed, or about to be.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend - Taken Up to Eleven. When one of the kids dies, the rest are acting in the next scene as if nothing happened.
- My Friends and Zoidberg - Four out of the six kids get proper introductions. The last two? "Tom, Robert."
- Posthumous Narration
- Scream Discretion Shot
- Too Dumb to Live - Just about all the children. They do stupid things that get them killed, and then keep on doing them.