|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Anselme Lanturlu (in English: Archibald Higgins; in German: Anselm Wüßtegern) is an edutainment comic series from France by The Professor Jean-Pierre Petit. They explain complicated concepts (mostly from mathematics and physics) in a humorous way. The series lasted from 1980 to 1990. A "new adventure" was published in 2005.
The books are out of print, but can be downloaded legally and for free here. Thank you very much, professor!
- Albert Einstein: Appears in several books.
- Alien Geometries: Featured in "The Geometricon", "The Topologicon" and "The Black Hole". A world where a balloon gets a flat surface if you pump enough gas in it? A not-quite-Earth where the South Pole is just under the North Pole (or vice versa?), to Amundsen's chagrin? Actually, it works out, if you understand the maths behind it.
- Animal Companion/Talking Animal: They have several birds and the snail Tiresias.
- Fan Service: Sophie! Essentially, she's a young Brigitte Bardot with glasses and a smarter expression.
- God: Appears in the story about the Big Bang.
- Inside a Computer System: "Informagic".
- Limited Wardrobe: Anselme always wears the same nondescript shirt with an "A" on it and the same broad-rimmed hat. Sophie is always clad in a one-piece swimsuit and high heels.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Sophie has aspects of it in her relation with Anselme.
- Meganekko: Sophie.
- Shown Their Work
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: When special relativity is involved.