The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
That's this work in a nutshell. But the fun part? The craziness that ensues goes on a higher level each new installment!
Tropes used in Animator vs. Animation include:
Animator VS Animation 1
- Badass Normal: Victim. At least, until he starts cloning himself.
- Combat Pragmatist: Victim is this, much more so than his successor that appears in the sequels. To be fair, noogai created this iteration of the Animation specifically for torture (aptly naming it "victim"). It's only natural for this little guy to come up with some dirty tricks to fight back.
- Me's a Crowd: Victim does this.
Animator VS Animation 2
- An Ice Person: The Chosen One. He freezes Mozilla Firefox with ice-cold breath.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: The files in the Recycle Bin: "crap", "junk", and "crappy junk".
- His Name Is: The Animator's programmer friend was just about to reveal how to stop the Chosen One when AIM was killed.
- Shock and Awe: The Chosen One, again. Burns the Flash 8 icon with a storm cloud's lightning bolt.
- The Bad Guy Wins: The animator mannages to enslave The Chosen One in the end.
- Serial Escalation: In-universe example; When the Animator goes over what power level to make the new Animation, he goes through "victim", "killer", "BEAST", and finally stops on "The Chosen One".
Animator VS Animation 3
- Bullet Time: The video did this a lot.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After the Chosen One defeated the dark lord, they teamed up to get revenge on the animator.
- Earthshattering Kaboom: One of these done by the Dark Lord and The Chosen One at the end.
- Evil Counterpart: The Dark Lord, who possesses similar abilities to the Chosen One and is a red stick figure.
- Evil Overlord: Averted with the Dark Lord. He's actually The Dragon, and from the moment of his creation, it's pretty much established as such.
- Heel Face Turn: The Dark Lord.
- Screw Destiny: The Dark Lord's very purpose in life was to destroy the chosen one. They eventually team up to get revenge on the animator.
- Stuff Blowing Up: A Minesweeper game Gone Horribly Wrong.
- Unexplained Recovery: AIM. He was killed in 2. Since then, it seems the Animator revived him.
- Villainous BSOD: Literally. The Animator gets a blue screen of death at the end. And he's the Big Bad to boot.
Mixed / All
- Author Avatar: The Animator is, both literally and In-Universe, noogai.
- Big Bad: The Animator, who is revealed in 2 to be the author, noogai, himself.
- The Chosen One: Used as a "difficulty level" for the Animation in 2 & 3. Parodied in 3, again through the Animation.
- Cyberspace: Pretty much where the series takes place. First, the Animation and Animator duke it out on the Flash program, causing a lot of damage to the interface. Then, in the latter 2 installments, the Animation hops out of Flash and wreaks havoc on the Animator's desktop!
- A God Am I: The Animator is pretty much thinking this, if you consider the fact that he's supposed to be the one calling the shots, and literally the one who allows the computer (and anything on it) to run at all.
- Improbable Weapon User: AIM does this, with The Chosen One getting in on it whenever he does. Also, Victim.
- Medium Awareness
- Playing with Fire: The Chosen One in 2 and 3, and the Dark Lord in 3. Also, Firefox.
- Sealed Badass in a Can: The Chosen One at the end of 2 and into the beginning of 3.
- The Voiceless: Everyone, with the exception of Clippy.
- Rule of Three: There are three installments.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.