The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
This trope is about the fact that women seem to be naturally fond of animals, and tend to show more interest in a man who has one or more.
Examples of Animal Chick Magnet include:
- An ad for... something (Captain Morgan's rum maybe?) has some men running a beagle puppy rental booth for this purpose.
- This kind of thing happens often enough in Pokémon.
- How I Met Your Mother: Barney harnesses the power of a ridiculously cute teapot pig to get women into his apartment.
- Road Rules season 7 "Latin America": Abe Ingersoll used Menudo, the group's pet Chihuahua, to meet girls.
- Will and Grace, Jack used Will's dog to pick up guys.
- Johnny Bravo tries this by buying an emu. Goes about as well as expected.
- In an episode of American Dad, Steve wants to get a dog for this purpose. His dad brings him home an old, weak, dying, 20-year old dog. Steve reluctantly takes it, and gets mocked by some passing girls. However, he sees this as a positive since a girl "noticed him".
- Gender-flipped in the Phineas and Ferb episode "Mispercieved Monotreme", where Candace appropriates her brothers' pet platypus after her crush Jeremy mentions that "you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals" and invites her to his charity pet-wash.
- Actor Michael Kenneth Williams has a mini pinscher named Brooklyn, who he once identified in an interview as "a lady-magnet".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.