|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was a 2002-2003 FOX Work Com series from Victor Fresco, who later made Better Off Ted. A total of 19 episodes in two seasons. It was the first series to star Andy Richter since his departure from Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
- Air Vent Passageway: Andy liquors up Jessica's cat, causing it to run wild and enter the vents, causing Andy to go in after her. A segment of the vents collapses under Andy.
- Imagine Spot: Very common.
- Mistaken for Racist: After Andy launches into a minor tirade against the Irish, Andy's black coworker reveals he's Irish and takes it up with their boss. When the boss learns that the complaint is about the Irish, not blacks, their boss responds with a resounding "... so what?" This process repeats until one of the bosses is an Irishman.
- Scylla and Charybdis: After being Mistaken for Racist and going to mandatory therapy, Andy no longer saw people in terms of race. This led to him being criticized for not celebrating everyone's differences. This leads to the you have to celebrate everyone's differences, while ignoring them at the same time.
- Unrequited Love: Andy for Wendy, at least in the beginning of the series.
- You Know I'm Black, Right?: Done by Andy's black co-worker, although in this case he was letting Andy know he's Irish.
- Values Dissonance: In-universe, Andy has imaginary arguments with the Gilded Age-era founder of his company based on this trope.