With an Adorkable smile, a friendly disposition, and heaps of talent, it's not hard to see why Andrew Garfield is one of the most sought after young actors working today.
Born in Los Angeles in 1983 to a British mother and an American father, Mr. Garfield has spent most of his life in the UK. If you're on TV Tropes at all, then you've probably seen him in a television show or two. With a BAFTA for his performance for Boy A, it was strange that Hollywood didn't pay that much attention to him in the earlier years of his career.
That is, until he burst onto the scene with his performance as Eduardo Saverin in The Social Network and as Tommy in Never Let Me Go, both released in 2010. (Also in 2010, he starred in a delightful short film called I'm Here. Trailer here ) Showing some amazing skill and giving some wonderful and heart-wrenching performances in both of his films, Hollywood has taken notice.
Is also Spider-Man.
Tropes Associated with Andrew Garfield
- Adorkable : Pretty much every character he plays.
- Ascended Fanboy
- Mr. Fanservice
- Fake Brit / Fake American: Although American-born, he predominantly speaks in a British Accent, though he also has a fluent American one
- Identical Stranger: The late Anthony Perkins
- Older Than They Look: Seriously, does he look like he's pushing thirty?
- One of Us: The guy is a huge Spider-Man fan, crashing his own panel at Comic Con dressed in a Spider-Man costume and nearly broke down in tears thanking the fans and producers for supporting his casting.
- Promoted Fanboy: To the point that he actually shed tears when he got to wear the Spider-man suit for the first time.