|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Is such a thing even possible? Yes it is!"—Giorgio A. Tsoukalos
The show is known for having frequent appearances by Giorgio A. Tsoukalos, consulting producer and ancient austronaut researcher. More specifically, it's known for the involvement of Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' hair.
- All Myths Are True: Albeit aliens were involved with all of them.
- Ancient Astronauts: Prescribes to this, using scripture and myths.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy:
- Surely anyone with ideas that were somewhat ahead of their time was abducted by aliens at some point.
- With Leonardo da Vinci, they think that he was either kidnapped by aliens, or even was actually a TIME TRAVELER.
- Dan Browned: A staple of this show.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The series is actually a Spin-Off from a one-off documentary that presented a much less biased examination of the Ancient Astronaut theory; both proponents and detractors were interviewed. Myths were not presented as evidence. Artistic licence and symbolism were acknowledged. Ironically, by presenting it as a two-sided argument with evidence against it as well as for it, it makes the whole thing seem more reasonable.
- ET Gave Us Wi Fi
- For the Evulz: Aliens apparently cause volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. Why they're doing it and what they would have to gain from doing it isn't known or dwelled upon in the show.
- The Great Flood: The show takes the Noah's ark story as the literal truth. But aliens did it.
- The Grim Reaper: According to the show the black death was caused by Grim Reaper aliens with plague scythes. Seriously.
- Groupie Brigade: According to pics, Giorgio A. Tsoukalos is quite the Kavorka Man. It's gotta be the hair.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Narrated by Jim Raynor
- Phlebotinum Killed the Dinosaurs: Yup, the aliens apparently offed them too. Oh, and they made them in the first place as well.
- Speculative Documentary: Basically, everything important happened because of aliens.
- Stupid Jetpack Hitler: They do this in a few episodes.
- You Fail Logic Forever: The main one showing up all the time is the Converse Error Affirming the Consequent.
1. If aliens really existed and visited Earth, they could theoretically have shown humans how to build pyramids.
2. Humans built pyramids.
3. Therefore aliens!