The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: When Yuri saves Tito from being executed.
- When Yuri survives an assassination attempt orchestrated by Nakia, which involved the company of soldiers she and Zananza were riding with to Egypt turning and killing both of them. Zananza was killed and Yuri is left shot with an arrow and alone in the desert. She manages to survive and continue onward until she finds Ramses, who she continues to follow until he agrees to help her get back to Hattusa. She refuses, however, to let him take the arrow out of her back, even though he warns her that it will only cause more pain after the skin around it hardens. When she returns, Nakia immediately starts playing up her injuries to convince everyone that Yuri is confused and feverish and is wrong when she insists that it was a soldier from Hattusa that attacked her and not an Egyptian one (besides killing Yuri and Zananza, Nakia hoped to start a war against Egypt). At this point, Yuri says that she left the arrow in her body because she knew that there is a clear difference between Egyptian and Hattusian arrows, so they just need to pull it out to prove her story right. Sure enough, the plan works!
- Iron Woobie: Kail and Yuri. Kail goes through the sickness and death of his father, the death of his favorite brother and the apparent death of Yuri at the hands of the Egyptians, the evil schemes of his stepmother, and generally works as hard as he can to end the wars and suffering spread throughout his homeland. And while he loves Yuri and wants her to stay with him, he still refuses to force her to stay, thinking that she ought to go back to her family and boyfriend in her own time. Yuri, meanwhile, is kidnapped from her home, nearly murdered and raped multiple times, and quickly sees how corrupt and evil Nakia is. She responds by learning how to fight, going to war to protect the people of Hattusa, and vowing to see to it that Nakia pays for everything she has done.
- Needs More Love: It's a travesty that this manga hasn't been adapted into any form of OVA or anime series yet.
- The Woobie: Poor Jude is a sweet kid who genuinely support's Kail's bid for the throne, because he thinks it's best for Hattusa. No matter how hard he tries to help out with looking after his home, and no matter how much he makes it clear that he is not interested in being king, his mother continues to kill and plot evil towards his half-brothers and Yuri, while he tries to stop her (at one point, he sadly confesses that he knows his mother is capable of poisoning his oldest half-brother, now the new king, as he goes to help Yuri foil the plan). And ultimately, his own mother brainwashes him, because he refuses to play along with her plotting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.