|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Analog Rebellion (formerly known as PlayRadioPlay!)is the solo project of Daniel Hunter.
Most of his early stuff was very electronic but has moved away from that as the years have gone by (the music becoming a lot more calm and a lot less dance-y). He said the name PlayRadioPlay! simply did not suit his music anymore.
- The Frequency EP (2007)
- Texas (2008)
- Ancient Electrons (2010)
- Besides, Nothing (B-Sides and Rarities 2003-2009) (2010)
- Cavanaugh, Something (Pre-sides and Varities) (2010)
Analog Rebellion provides examples of:
- Fading Into the Next Song: Used a lot in Ancient Electrons. Two songs are used purely as segues.
- I Am the Band
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "A Real Clever Trick Fur a Bear"
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Texas" sounds rather cheery and cute despite being a song about how he'll probably grow old and die alone.
- New Sound Album: Ancient Electrons sounds much different from the rest of his stuff, following the name change to Analog Rebellion.
- Non-Appearing Title: Many of his songs. A particularly egregious example being "I'm Guessing There's a Pill for That" having the repeating line, "There's a medicine for that."
- Ode to Intoxication: "Confines of Gravity"
I wanna be an astronaut and get high
- Refrain From Assuming: Many songs, including "I'm Guessing There's a Pill for That" (see Non-Appearing Title)
- Shout-Out: To Fight Club in the title of "Marla Singer Doesn't Take Standardized Tests" and to Donnie Darko in the title of "Sometimes I Doubt Your Commitment to Sparkle Motion".
- Silly Love Song: Many of his earlier stuff, notably "Even Fairytale Characters Would Be Jealous"
- Single-Stanza Song: "Texas"
- Textless Album Cover: Ancient Electrons
- Title Drop: The five-minute song "1989" has "1989" as the very last word (which somehow ties the song together very nicely).
- Word Salad Lyrics: "More of the Worst"
- Word Salad Title: Analog Rebellion, Ancient Electrons.