|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
An Inconvenient Truth is a Documentary presented by former U.S. vice president Al Gore and directed by Davis Guggenheim that deals with the threat of global climate change. The title stems from a quote stating that people will not believe something, even if it is true, if their livelihoods depend on them not believing it -- used here in reference to the energy industry and other polluters. A companion book was created titled An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It.
An Inconvenient Truth is the sixth-highest grossing documentary film to date in the United States. 
- Adam Westing: Al Gore introduces himself as "the man who used to be the next President of the United States."
- Astroturf: A spoof on this film was sponsored by the DCI Group, which at the time sponsored ExxonMobil and General Motors.
- Did Not Do the Research: The "hurricane" on the movie's infamous poster is spinning backwards. They only spin clock-wise in the southern hemisphere, not the northern hemisphere.
- Global Warming: Obviously.
- Green Aesop: The whole point.
- Off the Chart: Al Gore needed a lift to show where the CO2 graph was going.