|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
An Otome Game released by Otomate in 2011.
A young woman wakes up and finds herself in a space between dimensions. She is confronted by a young boy who tells her that he attempted to move from his world to hers. However, he made a mistake and ended up colliding into her mind. In doing so, he accidentally wiped out all of her memories. Eventually, the boy, Orion, will become further ingrained in your mind the longer he stays in your mind, and eventually you'll end up losing all sense of self. But all is not lost. There is one way to get him out: Regain your memories.
At this point, she is offered a choice between four worlds: heart, spade, clover, and diamond.
An interesting spin on the otome genre. Instead of having the heroine attempt to win the heart of a guy, the heroine is in a pre-existing relationship. A part of the gameplay is to help the heroine adjust to the now-unfamilar world without arousing the suspicion of those close to her.
For the survival horror title by Frictional Games, see Amnesia the Dark Descent.
Amnesia contains examples of:
- Attempted Rape
- Beach Episode: Okay, it's a pool, but it still counts.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Ikki. As a child, he wished to be popular. As a result, any woman who looks him in the eye falls in love with him.
- Clear My Name: A good part of Shin's route. He's considered a suspect in the heroine's accident because his father accidentally killed someone. In reality, Toma was responsible for injuring the heroine a second time.
- Fan Service with a Smile: The heroine (and most of the cast) work at a maid and butler cafe.
- Hands-On Approach: One of Ikki's CG.
- Identity Amnesia: One of the heroine's problems. She usually finds out who she is very quickly, though. The problem is she doesn't remember anyone else.
- Instant Fanclub: Ikki has one and they are awful. There's at least one ending where their antics result in the heroine dying. Interestingly, the heroine herself is actually a member in some routes. It's why she's dating Ikki in his route.
- Groundhog Peggy Sue: Ukyo.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Shin speaks roughly, but he genuinely cares about the heroine and it shows.
- Jekyll and Hyde: Ukyo, as a side effect of going through so many worlds where either he or the heroine died.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Ukyo. He even has a braid in it.
- Megane: Kent and Waka.
- Multiple Endings
- Nice Hat: Ukyo, Rika, and the heroine all wear one.
- Oblivious to Love: Toma, despite being very observant about other things. He doesn't pick up on the heroine's pre-amnesia hints that the guy she likes is him. It's part of what drives his yandere phase.
- Umbrella of Togetherness: Kent and the heroine when it rains at the festival.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Toma and Shin in their respective routes.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Toma in Shin's route and presumably Shin in Toma's route.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Ikki.
- Yandere: Toma. Ikki's fangirls definitely count.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ukyo has green hair. Ikki has bluish silver colored hair.