The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: In 2009 EA announced that they were releasing the sequel, Alice: Madness Returns. Guess how happy the fans were.
- Awesome Music:
- A good majority of the soundtrack, thanks to the musical talent of Chris Vrenna (who now plays with Marilyn Manson). The best example would have to be either "Village of the Doomed" or "Flying on the Wings of Steam", the latter of which had a remix that was put on the album.
- Not to mention, Time to Die and Battle with the Red Queen.
- Complete Monster:
- In the first game, Jabberwock was so cruel, sadistic and outright hateful that he's literally the only character who died that wasn't resurrected in the ending.
- Angus Bumbly rapes a young girl and then burns down her house, killing her and her parents just because her little sister (Alice) happened to witness it, leaving Alice insane from the survivor's guilt caused by the fire, tries to "help" her by Mind Rape getting her to forget her memories so that he can pimp Alice as a prostitute. Not to mention all his other patients.
- His Wonderland counterpart, The Dollmaker, is naturally just as bad, to the extent even the Big Bad of the first game despises him.
- Goddamned Bats: The Snarks that jump out of lava to spit fire at you. They're very hard to kill without homing weapons like jacks or cards since lava is life-draining to the touch. The regular Snarks are pretty annoying too, frankly.
- Game Breaker: Once you get the Jacks, they'll pretty much be your most-used weapon. That is, until you get the Jabberwock's Eye Staff, which works wonders on larger groups of enemies.
- Memetic Mutation: "Running away, are we?"
- Nightmare Retardant: Ok, probably is unsafe to state, but you must admit that the not-too exceptional graphics detract something from the Horror, especially since the game is 11 years old.
- That One Boss: The Jabberwock in the second battle. He attacks from the air, directly from above you (which is nasty enough in TPP shooter) and his primary attack sets you on fire, causing Alice to flail and scream.
- Rated "M" for Money: Apparently, Alice's insanity means violence, bloody decapitations, sorts of stuff Alice probably wouldn't have imagined by that point in her life (considering she was catatonic after all), and the ads seemed to merely show that this is not the family friendly Alice in Wonderland that Lewis Carroll gave us. Apparently, Executive Meddling is to be blamed for this, since American McGee himself has stated in an interview that the developers were pushed to make the game a lot Darker, Edgier, Bloodier and Gorier than they had originally envisioned it. But then again, this is not necessarily a bad thing.
- What Do You Mean It's Not for Kids?: Although it's based on the relatively tame Alice In Wonderland books, the game's rated M for a reason.
- The Woobie: Pretty much anyone that isn't violently insane applies, namely Alice herself, The Mock Turtle, and The March Hare and Dormouse.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.