The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Both hosts of the revival, as well as original host Mike Adamle (longtime NFL sportscaster; later of WWE "fame") and former NFL greats Joe Theismann, Todd Christensen, and Larry Csonka.
- During the second half of Season 1, longtime NFL referee Bob McElwee served as the show's referee.
- Old Shame: Possibly Joe Theismann and/or Gladiators Malibu and Sunny, considering the DVD release begins with the episode immediately following their last — which, ironically, was dedicated to recapping the excluded first half of Season 1. Yes, the first half of Season 1 was incredibly ghetto compared to everything that came after it, as well as including various aspects that were dropped (such as the Gladiators being clear villains), but it seemed as if the omission of #1-13 was advertised as a feature.
- To clarify, many shows have "bumps" during their first year as they figure out what works and what doesn't, which is why a full-season box set is fun to watch. As such, if you advertise that you'll release Season 1, don't end up putting out "Season 1: Episodes 14-27" — and especially not under such a misleading title of "The Battle Begins" (which itself implies a full-season set). A rare mis-step for Shout Factory, who are generally better than this.
- The Pete Best: As mentioned above, Malibu and Sunny (who only appeared in the first 13 episodes) are generally not remembered as Gladiators. This might have happened to Zap as well, but she returned later in the run.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.