Born January 8, 1977, best known as Willow Rosenberg's lesbian lover. She has also directed movies, such as Chance, Lovers Liars And Lunatics, and Drones. Oh, and the guy who shot her on Buffy? They've been dating for almost ten years. She herself has stated if they ever have kids and said kids watch Buffy, it's going to be interesting explaining some of that...
In addition to being an actress, she is also a screenwriter, a director, and a novelist.
This actress contains examples of:
- Adorkable: When her novel Serpent's Storm was released, Amber and an author friend did a Q & A, during which she read a few pages from the book. And for whatever reason, she picked one of the sex scenes. And it took her over five minutes to read two pages, because she kept interrupting herself by giggling like a schoolgirl at any particularly salacious detail. Also invoked when she said on Twitter that she was recording the audiobook version of the novel, and that if you listened closely you could hear her "blushing at the naughty bits."
- Creator Couples: Co-directed latest movie Drones with her guy, Adam Busch.
- Deleted Scene: She was all but edited out of the movie Can't Hardly Wait because her character (known only as Stoned Girl) would have pushed the theatrical version to an R rating.
- Genre Savvy: Make whatever criticism you like about her, but never let it be said she doesn't know Joss Whedon well enough that if she'd returned to Buffy her character would have had Willow Driven to Suicide or something.
- Harsher in Hindsight: When she was younger, she had a role in the unreleased film Don's Plum (Most famous for containing a young Leonardo Di Caprio) in which she lambasts Leo's character for making jokes about a woman's weight. A few years later, she would be on the receiving end of such snotty remarks from people.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: She guest-starred in Supernatural... as a vampire. Any crossover fics based around that character yet?
- Hollywood Pudgy: And damn proud of it. Surrounded by the much smaller other female cast members of Buffy made her stand out, but sitting right beside Sarah Michelle Gellar in "The Body" shows both that Amber is pretty much a "normal white girl" and that Sarah is very very tiny.
- Nice Girl: Known as one of the nicest actresses in Hollywood.
- One of Us: Comic book fan turned writer, and bookworm turned published author. Her first novel, Death's Daughter, was released on February 24, 2009. The sequel, Cat's Claw, was released on February 23, 2010, the third book, Serpent's Storm, on February 22, 2011, and the fourth book(of at least five), How To Be Death, on February 28, 2012.
- Unkempt Beauty: She's a former image for that page, natch.