|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Say you just left a mountain prone to mudslides, then you are surprised you stumble upon aBrightlyColouredRainforestwithmulticolouredplantsandtheskiesarerainbow. A world that is colorful even without its wildlife. Congratulations, you just entered an Amazing Technicolor World. But an Amazing Technicolor World is not neccessarily any world as a whole--it can also be just be part of one.
Not to be confused with Amazing Technicolor Battlefield but may be associated with it.
Anime and Manga
- Naruto has Takigakure ("Village Hidden in a Waterfall") from an OVA which contains Bright Greens, Yellows, Cyans and Blues.
- In Shippuden there is Kumogakure ("Village Hidden in the Clouds") which contains Browns, Cyans, Greens, Yellows and Blues.
- Everywhere in the Dragon Ball series.
- The entire world in One Piece total.
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace has Naboo
- Tron falls under this inside the computer.
- Tron: Legacy is the same thing.
- Everywhere with coral in Finding Nemo.
- Yellow Submarine has this mixed with Acid Trip Dimension
- Pandora is a Rainbow world in Avatar.
- The Titular Game in Spy Kids 3D: Game Over.
- Planet Drool from The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
- Oz from The Wizard of Oz.
- Polk Middle School from Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.
- ICarly has the entire iCarly Studio, and in later Season Carly's Room.
- Hollywood Arts from Victorious.
- Dan Schneider must love this trope by adding it, to at least one area in everyone of his shows, but the most colorful is PCA from Zoey 101.
- Suite Life On Deck has the S.S. Tipton.
- Hannah Montana's home in Season 4.
- Shake It Up has anywhere indoors.
- Everywhere in Wizards of Waverly Place.
- Kinkow in Pair of Kings
- Disney Channel and Disney XD also love this trope so much it appears in all their shows at least once.
- In Paranoia, the various areas of Alpha Complex are color-coded to match the minimum security clearance needed to be there legally. These start at Infrared (black), then run through the entire rainbow in ascending order (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet), before ending with higher clearance, Ultraviolet, which is represented with white. The color-coding can be as simple as a meter-wide stripe along the walls, but often, the entire area is painted in the relevant color.
- Kingdom Hearts has many worlds thar fall under this trope:
- Space Paranoids from Kingdom Hearts II is currently the most colorful.
- Traverse Town from Kingdom Hearts, especially in the Second and Third District.
- Monstro deeper inside then the mouth area if he's considered a world.
- Atlantica from many Kingdom Hearts games.
- Hollow Bastion/Radiant Gardens from all Kingdom Hearts games.
- End Of The World the final world of the first Kingdom Hearts game.
- Twilight Town has the color of the sunset from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts:358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts II.
- Castle Oblivion on the outside.
- Destiny Island is partially this.
- Land of Departure from 'Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.
- Disney Town is also quite multicolored.
- Mirage Arena is like the alternative of Space Paranoids
- Final Fantasy IV has the underworld with Amber Lava, Red in the areas where the earth and lava meet,Black in the earth, Dark Red rocks and Caves and Dark Purple cave walls. And don't even get me started about Sylph Cave in comparison to Passage of Eidolons and Feymarch.
- Final Fantasy V has the last floor of the rift which has Bright Blue Crystals, Navy Rocks, Azure Glyphs and Brown wooded trees with Teal leaves.
- Final Fantasy VII has the Gold Saucer is practically a Rainbow Amusment Park.
- The Northern Crater is also colorful.
- Terra from Final Fantasy IX
- Spira from Final Fantasy X
- Cocoon from Final Fantasy XIII
- The seven worlds of Super Mario Galaxy 2:
- World 1: The blue-colored Mushroom Planet
- World 2: A solar system composing of an orange sun and brown planets
- World 3: A green nebula
- World 4: A dark blue galaxy
- World 5: Several pink and purple galaxies
- World 6: A red and yellow black hole
- World S: A multicolored planet
- Also, the Mushroom Kingdom from the Super Mario Bros. series games as a whole.
- If you thought the Tron movies are bad? Tron 2.0 is worse. Bright colors everywhere, landscapes of purple and blue, a corrupted server with a Sickly Green Glow. The Internet looks like Vegas and Coruscant.
- Eversion (HD especially) has World 1, World 2, World 5, World 6, World 7 and World 8. Heck the games worlds as a whole counts as this trope.
- Neopia from Neopets
- Bikini Bottom from SpongeBob SquarePants
- Fairy World from Fairly Oddparents
- Zeenu from Planet Sheen
- Danville from Phineas and Ferb
- Ghost Zone from Danny Phantom
- The Juju Realm from Tak and the Power of Juju
- The Fly Geyser in Fly Ranch, Washoe Country, Nevada contains Red, Yellow and Green in ascending order.
- Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls is practically a Rainbow of colors.
- There are so many colorful places that you could say over 50% of the world is at one time or another, but most of Japan takes it to a whole new level.
- The Solar System is full of colorful worlds:
- The Sun is a bright yellow color.
- Mercury is mostly dark gray.
- Venus is surrounded by thick, white clouds, which conceal a dark orange and yellow surface underneath.
- Our Earth is surrounded by wispy white clouds covering a surface of blue oceans and green, yellow, and brown continents.
- The Moon is light gray with dark gray maria.
- Mars is reddish-brown with white polar ice caps.
- Phobos and Deimos are both gray with pale pink splotches.
- Most asteroids are mostly shades of tan and gray.
- Dwarf planet Ceres is a pale peach color with gray splotches.
- Jupiter is surrounded by orange, gray, and white bands, with a large red storm on its southern hemisphere.
- Its five largest moons are also colorful: Amalthea is a bright red, Io is orange, yellow, and green, Europa is tan and white, Ganymede is purplish-gray, and Callisto is sepia-toned. All of its smaller moons are mostly gray.
- Saturn is surrounded by tan, blue, and gray bands, with shimmering white rings going around it.
- Its largest moon Titan is surrounded by thick yellow clouds and a dark blue haze, which covers its orange and brown surface. Its smaller moons are mostly grayish (Pan, Atlas, Prometheus, Epimetheus, Telesto, Calypso, and Dione being lighter gray, Pandora, Janus, Mimas, Tethys, Helene, and Phoebe being darker gray), but Enceladus is white, Rhea is steel-blue, Hyperion is tan, and Iapetus is dark gray on one side and light gray on the other.
- Uranus is predominantly a pale blue-green color, with slightly yellowish poles.
- Its moons are also varying shades of gray (Puck and Titania being a lighter gray, and Umbriel being a darker gray) and brown (Ariel is light brown, Oberon is dark brown), but Miranda is almost pinkish.
- Neptune is almost completely blue in color, with white clouds, and a darker blue storm also on its southern hemisphere.
- Its largest moon Triton is mostly light blue and purple in color, but its other moons, such as Larissa, Proteus, and Nereid, are mostly grayish.
- Most comets are grayish, with white dust tails and blue gas tails.
- Most Kuiper Belt objects are predominantly dark blues and grays.
- Dwarf planet Pluto is mostly gray with bright orange splotches, while its largest moon Charon is a bluish-gray color.
- Other dwarf planets in the Kuiper Belt are also in distinguishable colors: Haumea is a pale blue with red splotches, Makemake is mostly pinkish-brown, and Eris is almost white in color.
- Sedna, the furthest object in our Solar System is mainly dark red.
- Most planets outside our Solar System will probably have a greater range in colors: Desert planets are mostly yellow, ocean planets are mostly blue, jungle planets are mostly green, ice planets are mostly white, poison planets are mostly purple, volcanic planets are mostly bright red, rock planets are mostly gray, gas giant planets are mostly multicolored, etc.
- Depending on which chemical dominates the most, most nebulae are also brightly-colored. This is also true with most galaxies. The Milky Way is mostly sky blue with a pale yellow center, the LMC and SMC are bluish-gray, the Andromeda Galaxy is dark blue with a purple center, the Triangulum Galaxy is aqua green with an orange center, while all the other galaxies are either colored lavender with a pink center or maroon with a yellow center.