Amanda Michelle Seyfried is an American actress and former child model. Before her movie career started in earnest she was known for her roles as murder victim Lily Kane in Veronica Mars and Sarah Henrickson on the HBO drama series Big Love. Filmwise, she has starred as Sophie Sheridan in the feature film Mamma Mia!, and Karen Smith in Mean Girls.
In 2009, she appeared in the supernatural horror comedy Jennifer's Body. To give you an idea of how warped that movie was, Amanda was the Hollywood Homely best friend of Jennifer (played by Megan Fox).
Her Films Include:
- Mean Girls (2004) - Karen Smith
- Mamma Mia (2008) - Sophie Sheridan
- Jennifer's Body (2009) - Anita "Needy" Lesnicki
- Dear John (2010) - Savannah Lynn Curtis
- Chloe (2010) - Chloe Sweeney
- Letters to Juliet (2010) - Sophie
- Red Riding Hood (2011) - Valerie
- In Time (2011) - Sylvia Weis
- Gone (2012) - Jill Conway
- Film adapation of Les Misérables (2012) - Cosette
- Epic (2013) - Mary Katherine
Her Television Roles Include:
Tropes associated with this actress:
- Adorkable: Seriously, watch any of her interviews.
- Hair of Gold
- Identical Stranger: Sometimes looks like a young Goldie Hawn.
- One Head Taller: While not tiny (she's 5' 3½") she is noticeably shorter than most of her onscreen love interests.
- Star-Making Role: Sophie Sheridan in Mamma Mia! She'd already gotten considerable notice for playing Karen Smith in Mean Girls but the very different role of Sophie revealed her versatility and really cast her into the limelight.
- Teens Are Short / Dawson Casting: Being slightly shorter than average might be one of the reasons she is cast as younger than her real age so often. This was actually a plot point Gone - Amanda played a character much the same age as herself (ie. mid-twenties) who at one point successfully blends in with a group of teenage girls while hiding from the cops.
- What Might Have Been: Amanda was the original choice to play the lead in Sucker Punch but the makers of Big Love refused to release her from her contract.