|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A Plot Twist where another character in the story has accomplished one of your mission objectives for you.
- Straight: Bob and co arrives at the stronghold of The Dragon Captain Badd, only to find out that Aloof Ally Felicia has already offed him.
- Bob and co arrives at The Very Definitely Final Dungeon to fight Emperor Evulz, only to find out that Aloof Ally Felicia has already offed him.
- Every time you reach a Boss Battle, the other characters have already beaten it for you. When you reach one boss that makes a showy entrance, but is then mobbed by NPCs, you start thinking the game is just trying to annoy you.
- Justified: Felicia need to get the MacGuffin that Badd/Evulz possess, which Bob and co also seek.
- Felicia bites more than she can chew fighting a dragon, and drag Bob and co into helping her defeating said dragon when they pass nearby. Suddenly, Giant Space Flea From Nowhere!
- Alternately: Bob and co defeated the enemy, then Felicia shows up stating she wanted to beat it and is told it's done already.
- Badd gets up after Felicia fell him, and now fights Bob and co. Felicia escaped.
- Alternately: because the MacGuffin Bob and co seek is now in Felicia's hand, the fight is now Bob and co versus Felicia.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Bob and co never get to fight any boss, because Felicia offed them all.
- Deconstructed: Bob and co never level up since Felicia gets all those humongous Experience Points from boss fights, leaving Bob and co underleveled.
- Reconstructed: The Man Behind the Man sends The Dragon to delay the heroes in order to successfully escape, but Felicia manages to apprehend him while Bob and co fight The Dragon
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes Felicia kill the bosses before Bob and co arrive, otherwise it's Bob and co's job to kill the bosses.
- Averted: All bosses must be fought.
- Enforced: "We need to show the players that this Felicia girl is awesome beyond Bob and co's league."
- Lampshaded: "Well, at least that girl spare us the trouble offing this guy."
- Invoked: Bob and co rushes through an underground passage filled with high-level monsters, hoping that this time Felicia will do the job defeating the high-level boss for them too.
- Exploited: Bob and co drop hints about which bosses they plan to kill soon.
- Defied: Bob and co spray Felicia with sleep gas before they go fight a boss.
- Discussed: "You killed him? ...DAMMIT! I WANTED TO DO THAT!"
- Conversed: "Oh hey, that stuck-up bitch Felicia acutally did something beside stand there and snark! That's nice."
Nothing to do here, because things are Already Done for You.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.